cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Home Phone not working, Caller display and VOIP device only has 2 lights on

Elenik
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 16

Hi there,

Had the caller display drop out on the phone so everyone showed as anonymous a few weeks ago, but after receiving the texts on the VOIP phone issue this week, the phone doesn't ring at all and you get an engaged tone when trying to make a call.

Have reset VOIP numerous times but it doesn't show the phone LED and the Talktalk phone line test fails.

The website shows issue has been resolved but it hasn't for us yet. Any further background work can be done on the Talktalk end?

Thanks,

Elenik

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi Mowgli2

Please can you post on your own topic on the Community, we can then take a look at this for you.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

@Mowgli2, please stop posting on other customers' threads!

You have previously been asked to start your own. 

Staff only respond to the original poster. 

The following article explains automatic compensation, which is for specific situations, as explained here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Mowgli2
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 16

Mines working now and talktalk were supposed to be compensating me for loss of a land line for a week.  I have received nothing as yet! 

Pam Pritchard
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 16

Hi Elenik,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've passed this over to our Faults Escalation Team now for further investigation. I will post back here as soon as they come back to me but they may also try and contact you directly.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

@Trumpetman1, please go back to the message board and click on start a topic - you will also need to complete your community forum profile details. 

Staff reply to the original poster only. On holiday till Wednesday. 

0 Likes

Trumpetman1
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 16

I too are having this problem after the recent fault which was reported as fixed. I have just had to reset the Grandstream (again) and although I can now again make and receive calls my caller display reports 'Anonymous, Caller out of Area'.

I had a 3. 5 hour chat two weeks ago being transferred to numerous agents, none of them being aware that there was an outage fault. I didn't know this until I got a text from Talktalk advising me of the fault. Further texts assured me the problem had been recified but it clearly hasn't since I still have times when the phone doesn't ring and I only get to know this when I am contacted by other means (obviously). 

I am convinced the line is still not working properly and will not be correct until I stop getting the 'Anonymous' caller display.

When I check my line on the web site it always fails to complete - but I do get an apology! I thas been like that for many months.

This really is not good enough and I wish I never had the VOIP.

Been messing with computers sice the Z80 in the late 70s.
0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I had a look in the My Account section and shows the tick on this option in the privacy section.

Tried enabling and disabling the Addon but no changes.

Thanks,

Elenik

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Hi Elenik,

Glad to hear it's working now. If you go into your My Account is Caller display enabled?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Morning Michelle,

Thanks for checking in on this, haven't had any further contact but have tried another factory reset this morning and now the three LEDs on the VOIP device are lit and can both make and receive calls.

Thanks very much for resolving this!

Only point is the caller ID still doesn't seem to function as the phone displays all calls as Anonymous where as previously the caller ID on the same phone we're using has functioned correctly.

Thanks very much,

Elenik

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

Hi Elenik,

Can I just confirm if our team have made contact with you since my last post please? If not then I will chase this for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Morning Elenik,

Thank you for confirming. I've passed this straight over to our Faults Escalation Team now and I will post back as soon as I receive an update. It's possible that the team may also try and contact you directly.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for looking into this.

Yes we've got the Grandstream device, just tried another reset tonight (18/12 at 6pm) but after the reset it still ends up the same result with only 2 LEDs.

Thanks,

Elenik

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 16

Hi Elenik,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, are you using the Digital Voice Adapter (grandstream)? When did you last try resetting this device ? Could you try resetting the DVA again please, holding the pin in until the LEDS on the top start blinking simultaneously. Please let us know if there is any change following this.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 16

@Elenik, staff will be back on here in the morning. 

Please ensure that you have completed your community forum profile details for them to identify your account. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings.  Select Personal Information from the drop down menu. SAVE CHANGES. 

0 Likes

Mowgli2
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 16

My landline isn’t working either.  I can’t receive calls but I can make them.  I didn’t get new phones when I went full fibre as I hadn’t had them that long anyway and they worked fine with VoIP initially.  I’m getting really fed up with all the issues I’ve had first with eero and now the landline.  Will Talktalk ever get their act together? 

Pam Pritchard
0 Likes