cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

My parents landline

aletheabrooke
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 2 of 2

my elderly parent, age 83 and 87( my father has alzheimers) tel [removed] discovered today that their landline was not working. They have a care connect emergency buzzer which requires a working landline.  I spoke to Jean at 12.30 ref REP-14017837 who assured me a welfare officer would contact my parents or me [removed] as my parents are not familiar with their mobile to expedite an urgent engineer visit. The care connect engineer visited immediately and assured me the landline was not working. They were to temporarily swap the landline based emergency system with a sim card system costing    £38.75 which i assume talk talk will reimburse. No welfare has contacted my parents or myself and it is now 6 hrs after the emergency call. Talk talks lack of response care and poor service have made my parents  exceptionally vulnerable . They have carers 3 times a day and they are currently uncontactable by their familiar landline and the emergency helpline. I would like to be contacted immediately and the landline restored. I am also a talk talk customer and am so very dissapointed with the lack of urgency and resposibility that your services seem to operate within. I look forward to hearing from you 

Alethea Brooke

landline [removed] 

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi aletheabrooke,

I'm sorry to hear that your parents are having problems with there service. Your post had been moved to the quarantine area as it contained yours and your parents personal information. I've removed the personal information and moved the post from the quarantine area

There is an engineer visit booked for tomorrow morning, are you aware of this?

Just to confirm, your parents currently have a working SIM card system installed by the care connect engineer yesterday?

I'll also escalate this 

Chris

0 Likes