cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Phone not showing who is calling

Gleha
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 19

Suddenly my phone is not showing caller display, it now shows as 'anonymous caller out of range'

This happened after I stopped my anytime boost payment.

I dont believe this should alter my caller display

I have switched off my Eero and reset my grandstream but no difference.

Please could you reset caller display

Thank you

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

That's great news Gleha, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

Thank you Chris, 

My phone is now showing caller display. 

Thank you to FF team for resolving issue

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

Hi Gleha

Our Future Fibre team have implemented a fix, this should come into effect in the next few hours so could you check later to see if Caller Display is working

Chris

0 Likes

Gleha
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 19

Hi Boffee,

See you have had reply from Chris. 

It is important you start your own thread  to show others are having the same problem.

My phone is still not showing caller display. 

I normally don't answer calls that come in as anonymous or numbers I don't recognise so this is causing me problems.

Also I can't see missed calls now as I used to before. Don't want to use 1471 as that now can cost quite a bit.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

Hi Gleha,

Apologies, I haven't reported the to the Future Fibre team yet as I was waiting for you to confirm that it still isn't working. I'll report it now

Chris

0 Likes

Gleha
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 19

Hi Chris

You said you were reporting issue to full fibre team on Thursday. 

Not sure how quick they respond but Friday my phone line went down saying my device was not registered. Grandstream was showing no phone line.

Tried turning everything off 

Tried reset on grandstream , nothing changed.

Was on to service line on my account for 3.5 hours  to try to get Grandstream registered 

Finally got phone line back but no caller display

I see others having same problem

'My account' does not seem to be working properly.  You can remove caller display, have email confirmation, wait for hours but my account still showing caller display active.  

Would like caller display back

Don't want phone down again

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

Hi Boffee,

Can you please start your own thread/topic, and we'll be happy to look at this for you

Chris

0 Likes

Boffee
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 19

I am having the same problem - no caller display

I have an eero + Groundstream.   Have tried turning off caller display and turning it on again in "my account" but it looks impossible to turn it off even though emails say it has been turned off - ticking option makes no difference.

Have tried resetting and all options suggested so far

I would just would like to know the number calling

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

OK thanks. Everything looks OK from our side so could you just confirm that it's still not working and I'll ask our Future Fibre team to take a look

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

I have tried to remove caller display from my account.   I unticked the box and pressed update.

I then received an email saying that I had successfully removed caller display.

On going back to my account over 1 hour later, caller display still showed as active and the box was ticked  which i had not done.

I did this twice and have 2 emails to confirm that I have taken caller display off but it remains and still does not work.

I have no caller display and telephone is still saying Anonymous out of area every time I get a call.

Can you report this to your technicians please to resolve.

thank you

0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

OK, could you remove caller display in My account, leave it an hour and then add it again and retest

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Gleha
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 19

I have turned off everything for 30 minutes.

Had to reset the grandstream to get the phone working.

It has made no difference - all calls now come in as anonymous out of area.

This has only happened since I removed from my account the option to pay £16 for all free calls.  I was not using the phone enough to warrant this amount.

I had an email confirming change to my account, an email welcoming me to Fibre 150, which of course I had NOT changee.

Since then caller display has vanished from my phone but is shown as active on my account.

Please can it be rectified by Talktalk as I need to see the caller, I have had nuisance calls which I can generally spot by the number but no numbers are showing at all

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

OK thanks. Could you try switching the ONT off for 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Gleha
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 19

I have Eero and grandstream but I have turned them off to try and resolve problem and have reset the grandstream because that has caused problems in the past

0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

OK thanks. Do you have an eero with grandstream digital voice adapter?

Chris

0 Likes

Gleha
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 19

Yes 4 active showing

Caller display

Caller waiting

3 way calling

Last Caller barring

0 Likes

Gleha
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 19

Yes, just  checked, caller display is ticked as active

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 18 of 19

Hi Gleha,

Does Caller Display show as active in My Account?

Chris

0 Likes