cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Porting number out from TalkTalk

teccles19
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

I have switched from TalkTalk FTTC to a new full fibre provider. The new service was installed alongside our existing line in order to have an overlap in service. As part of this, the new provider (VOIP) submitted a number port request to TalkTalk in order to move our number over to their VOIP service.

According to them, the date for the port is currently 19th March, but our existing phone number from TalkTalk was disconnected yesterday and so we are now without any phone service. I haven't cancelled the TalkTalk service, so it seems like the port request has been received - but I don't understand why the number has been cancelled before the port.

Please could someone advise?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi teccles19. The account is fully disconnected, unfortunately there is no way reactivate it.  Sorry.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Thanks Arne. Are you able to check in on our account to make sure that this is all proceeding as planned? 

And to clarify, is there no way to re-activate the line until the port takes place? Or at least keep a call divert in place?

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi teccles19

Thanks for your post 

In order to transfer an FTTC number to a VOIP service the line has to be ceased and the number is then released for the new provider to claim. 

Sorry that this wasn't made clear. 

0 Likes