cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

Unlimited Call boost

Fedup1232
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

Hello,

My free 'Unlimited Call Boost' expires on the 16th March according to my account details.

I can't afford to pay for the Boost, so if I want to cancel, can I wait until 15th March to do this, or does it depend on the billing date etc?

I just don't want to be landed with a bill for it, but also don't want to cancel it early if  I am then charged for any calls I make before the 16th.

Any help much appreciated 😊.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Ah OK, you confused me a bit by mentioning a refund, there won't be one of course on the early cancellation of a free Boost. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Not disputing that at all, @ferguson.

So the OP just needs to cancel it ASAP to avoid a new charge on the new bill. Or to get the new charge reflecting any change.

Thereby any foregone days from last month's advance payment are refunded on the new bill pro rata (a couple of days-worth maximum) immediately. Who knows, a new discount may be better?

There shouldn't be any chasing for credits if the customer cancels a couple of days before their month is up as the small refund will be almost immediate. It was the OP's mention of arduous time and effort focused on chasing up that I was focusing on.

Any adjustments are automatic,  @Fedup1232.

But to be sure of avoiding the £16.00 do the removal of the boost or set up a new discounted boost ahead of the date your bill shows up.

Your previous bills all show the days your bills actually cover.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

@Gliwmaeden2 

If the Boost runs until the 15th and the bill is on the 15th then surely it will be charged on that bill unless cancelled a few days beforehand?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

You shouldn't have to spend hours getting it credited back, @Fedup1232.

If you do it soon enough it really will show up as refunded in the new bill this month.

If you phone up, they can do the removal of it for you (My Account often doesn't function correctly in this respect these days) and ask them about the possible new discount for it at the time. 

You should get an email that confirms the removal of the boost.

Then another email that confirms the application of the new discount, if they can set one up for you.

Try to keep them on the line talking until the confirmation emails come in - they are usually quick.

0 Likes

Fedup1232
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 11

@ferguson  thanks for explaining that - I  will probably err on the side of caution anyway and cancel asap.

It was just annoying as I nearly forgot about it expiring, and know it is often hard to get a credit back to the account - I've been stung a few times over the years, and spent hours trying to get credits back from TT.

You get there in the end, but it can waste a lot of your life!

I'll then contact loyalty I think and see if I can get any discount on the Boost in future.

Thank you everyone for all your help.

Message 6 of 11

Look, if you are annoyed about losing the benefit then by all means leave it to the last day. The main drawback to that will be that given the timing you will be billed in advance so will face the charge this month, before it is credited back to your account next month. 

Fedup1232
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 11

Thank you everyone for your help - I will cancel early as suggested.

Just a bit annoying to lose about 5 days of the advantage of the Boost if I cancel today, but better safe than sorry!!

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 11

HI Fedup1232

Your bill date is the 15th, but bare in mind the bill is prepared a few days before, In order to avoid the charge I would suggest removing it in the the next 24 hours via My Account. 

Hope that helps.

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 11

@Fedup1232 

Personally, I would err on the side of caution and allow yourself a couple of days leeway. Especially if you run into any issues with cancelling the Boost directly via My Account. As mentioned above, even if you seldom make calls from your landline the costs can quickly mount up. You could always get in touch with the customer services loyalty team and see if they can give you an ongoing discount. Weigh up the upfront costs against likely usage. 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

You are always billed a full month ahead for your contract and whatever is ticked in the way of boosts, so you will be billed at £16 pro rata for that boost on the bill if it comes in before that date, @Fedup1232.

You will be refunded on a subsequent bill for any unused days after removing the boost.

You'll be charged at full normal rates for any calls made immediately after removing the boost.

Ordinary landline calls @24p per minute  = not many minutes over a full month to match the £16.00.

Worth careful consideration about ringing out on the landline! I only use it for free numbers these days, and use my inclusive calls on my mobile for ordinary landline/mobile calls instead.