cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

When will my home phone be converted to VOIP?

Pedant
Problem Solver
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

My internet is City Fibre, but my home phone is still connected to Openreach copper. The home phone has started to have crackly interference. I tried to get line tested via th talktalk account, but got a message saying that the automatic test was disabled and I would be converted to VOIP in the next few months. I tried to start a chat but that failed, so I'm trying to decide whether to pursue the problem further or just wait for the conversion. Hence the question in the subject title.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi Pedant

I'm so glad to hear that this fault has been resolved 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

That's great news Pedant, thanks for letting us know

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Openreach texted me early this morning saying that they had fixed a problem and asking me text 'FIXED' if I was happy with the fix.

I've now had a couple of successful calls so I've agreed that they've fixed it.

Thanks Arne, Debbie and Michelle for your help.

Message 4 of 12

Hi Pedant

This fault is still with Openreach, no additional updates at the moment.

I will continue to monitor this.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi again,

Oh excellent, that was quick 🙂 Hopefully it won't take too long for the engineer to resolve. 

Michelle 🙂

Message 6 of 12

I've just had a text from Openreach saying that they've allocated an engineer.

Message 7 of 12

Good afternoon,

Thank you for confirming this. The line test is still detecting the potential line fault so I've passed this straight over to Openreach now to complete an external line investigation. I will re-check the fault again first thing in the morning and will post a further update back then.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Michelle,

Thanks for your help with this.

Yes, my main socket has a test socket. I've just tried two handsets plugged in to the test socket and the crackling is consistent between both. I'll leave my main phone plugged into the test socket for now in case it helps with your testing.

Rog

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a voice line test now which has detected a potential fault. Just before we pass this over can I just confirm if you main socket has a test socket please and if the crackle/noise is present with 2 different handsets?

Thanks

Michelle

Pedant
Problem Solver
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 12

Pedant_0-1705852409601.png

Arne,

Thanks for your reply.

My (copper) landline telephone connection seems to be getting worse with crackles and occasional failures to connect for incoming calls. When I try to run a line test, I get the message in the above screenshot, and when I try to start a chat nothing happens. Can you help me to get my landline tested, and hopefully fixed.

Thanks for your help,

Rog Bunton

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi Pedant

There is no set date for the copper line to be stopped at this time.

We will let you know when that time comes.

0 Likes