cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

Account Security

Johnboyo
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

I'm currently using Windows mail which is soon to be phased out and replaced by Microsoft Outlook.  To use Outloogenerate  I need to  generate a password via my email provider otherwise I cannot synchronise my emails. 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Johnboyo
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 9

Thanks again Ady,

You've been a great help.  I'll give it a go.

Message 2 of 9

Mozilla Thunderbird is a great alternative and works properly. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Johnboyo
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 9

The 'Old' Outlook appears to be part of the Office 365 package (that I do not want to sign up to).

Can you recommend an alternative App Which is compatable with the talktalk domain? 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

You're welcome. I just wish this wasn't the case, but there's absolutely nothing TalkTalk can do with this. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Johnboyo
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 9

Thanks Ady.

You have saved me a lot of time trying to deal with this issue.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Thanks for that. Ok the problem is that new Outlook doesn't work with TalkTalk email domains. If you use the previous version of Outlook it works fine. Microsoft have acknowledged this issue is caused by the recent update they did. 

Ady

0 Likes

Johnboyo
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

Hi Ady,

Thanks for your reply and my problem is this.

Microsoft want me to change my email app from Windows mail to New Outlook and when I do I cannot I can no,longer import incoming emails from your servers although I do get notifications that they have arrived.

I've tried removing my talktalk account from the App and then adding talktalk using my mail password and your IMAP settings but it still doesn't work.

I was discussing my problem with a friend who is on AOL who had the same issue with Outlook and an IT friend of his told him your mail password won't work you need AOL to generate a new password. When he triedhis new password Outlook worked.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi Johnboyo, you already have a password for your mailbox. Do you mean you can't remember it and need to change it? 

Ady

0 Likes