cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

Frequent suspicious emails can I block them.

GBy123
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

I keep getting strange emails from academie-videotron - whoever they may be (in the body of the mail a talktalk is mentioned).    I have forwarded them to talktalk and phishing at gov.    today I had one apparently from Taltalk (note spelling), with an address of a yahoo user  - this one asking me to follow a link to NOR-TON to update my account.  Again complete rubbish.   Not sure why I have started to get these emails, but hopefully someone will look into them and stop them.      Other users beware of these emails if you get them!    I would like to know how to block them though. 

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi GBy123, you can easily block this one, but as your email address is out there you'll get more with different email addresses. The systems these people use are automated and will often create a new sending address when the old one is blocked. Keep marking them as spam. You can always use the mail filters to block the content but be aware you may then block wanted mail. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes