cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

Security settings page not loading

JohnWes
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 17 of 17

When I log into ‘My Account’, the ‘My Security’ page comes up with a technical error. I’ve tried this from different browsers, cleared the cache. I spent close to an hour on the phone with TalkTalk Customer Services, first with first line support and then with technical support. I was told that they had made some changes on my security settings. After the changes the page was still throwing the same error. I was told that I should clear my browser cache and try again in 24 hours (for the change to replicate across all the TalkTalk servers). It has been 3 days now and I’m still receiving the same error message. I can no longer control how and when my children use the Internet. I don’t want to waste time on the phone again. Can anyone assist? Account number: REMOVED

John
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

It should be showing in the service status page, but its not. I'll find out why not. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Michaelco
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 17

Thank you, Ady, please could you keep me updated. 

mc
0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

The developers have confirmed that there's a redirect in the link and the URL is broken. They're working to fix it now. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Michaelco
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 17

Hi Ady,

I still have the same problem. I cannot access the My security. I spoke with your colleague Carliza who kindly agreed to alter some of the settings for me, namely: put Kidsafe off and allow access to social media from 1.30pm instead of 4.30pm as a temporary measure. However, I cannot see whether this has been put into effect as I still cannot access My security. I have still not received any of the emails you mentioned.

Please could you let me know when I will have access restored to My security. Thank you.

mc
0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Hi Michaelco, I've  been into your MyAccount and made changes to your security settings. You'll have had emails telling you about the changes I made. Its working normally. Are you still having problems?

Ady

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

@Michaelco, please start your own topic.

You've posted on other customers' threads which can end up causing confusion, so staff much prefer you to begin a new thread.

Please return to the message board and click on start a topic.

Also complete your community forum profile details. Staff will need these to identify your account. Go via your avatar; settings, drop down menu...Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES. 

Staff will respond to your new thread during the day. They are on here Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Michaelco
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 17

Hi Adi, this is Michaelco. Despite spending 1.5 hours yesterday, I still cannot access MySecurity. I need it to update homework settings. Please can you help me. All I get is the following error message:

This site can’t be reached

Check if there is a typo in service.talktalk.co.ukaccount.

• If spelling is correct, try running windows network Diagnostics.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
mc
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 17

Hi JohmWes, I've changed all the features of your security via MyAccount on your account successfully. You should have emails for each change. If you're still seeing the error please let me know the browser and version etc so that I can raise a fault ticket for you.

Ady

0 Likes

Michaelco
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 17

I have exactly the same problem and am still online to talktalk, I have been about an hour. Don't know what to do, really

mc
0 Likes

JohnWes
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 17

This last change to your system has resolved the issue I reported. Thank you for your help!

John
0 Likes

Message 12 of 17
0 Likes

JohnWes
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 17

The issue with HP has been resolved, you may delete the rule on your system for HP. In fact, you may delete all rules and reset our profile to a default profile if this will resolve our reported issue.

John
0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Hi JohnWes

What is the full address for HP, currently you have hp.com (no www or HTTPS://)  is this correct?

0 Likes

JohnWes
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 17

Yes, I have tried. I'm slightly technical so I've ruled out the basics. I have a little bit more information that I can shared. I was monitoring my home outbound network traffic when I noticed excessive calls to this domain: chat.avatar.ext.hp.com. Using the MAC address on the requests I was able to determine that the requests were originating from my home printer. I defined a rule in the TalkTalk 'My Security' section to block all traffic to this domain name, which stopped the excessive network traffic. Soon thereafter HP made domain name changes, which meant the domain name was (and is) no longer valid. This is when the error message started appearing on the 'My Security' page. TalkTalk technical support removed my rule through the backend, so permitting my printer to make these outbound call to a domain that no longer exists. My router log is now reporting that the excessive calls are all failing (as expected). I'm not concerned about my printer for now, as the issue will be resolved with a firmware update. My immediate need is to restore control over when and how my children access the Internet (via the services provided by TalkTalk).

John
0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 16 of 17

Have you tried to use a different browser and also disable any pop-up/ add blockers for My Account.

0 Likes