cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

access talktalk router

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

hi iam trying to get access to my router but cant get in saying it might be firewall  virus protection but cant seem to see where to go could get access years ago without any bother

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 8

Sorry, but it is your PC that is causing the problem & without it in front of me, there is not much I can do to identify the problem. However, let's start with some basics, is this running Windows, which firewall is it using & which browser are you using? Have you tried a different browser?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 8

i dont now what this means maybe thats the point thanks for your answer 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 8

Then I think the issue is with security restrictions in your browser, or PC firewall.

The router's UI pages are accessed via an HTTP site, not the normal encrypted HTTPS site and some security settings may well block access to any URL that begins http://

Although this sounds like the router is insecure, it is not. The UI can only be accessed from devices that are locally connected to it, it cannot be accessed from the internet, as TalkTalk strictly block this.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 8

yes 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 8

Is this the response to entering:-

http://192.168.1.1

Keith

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Your Internet access is blocked

Firewall or antivirus software may have blocked the connection.

Try:

• Checking the connection
  •  
  • Running Windows Network Diagnostics
ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Please can you give me a screenshot of this, so as I can advise you how to access it?

Keith

0 Likes