cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Extremely Frustrated

Thar68
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Hi

i have spent so many hours trying to resolve no tv for my mother in law since having talk talk installed. I have tried to set up 4 times by instructions in account. Over chat live and today was on phone again for an hour and being asked to keep repeating the processes I have already done numerous times. I have asked to send an engineer or a new tv box to resolve this as getting nowhere over phone and am not able to keep going to my mother in laws everyday to yet again waste more hours getting nowhere. So can someone help me with this. I have to be there as my mother in law doesn’t understand how to do things with the tv. Please advise as right now my mother in law is expected to pay for a package since March snd but been able to access the tv. I will be expecting refunds if credits to hee account for this awful service. And I still need this to be resolved yet! 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi

OK, it is important that the aerial is connected into the back of the TV box with no splitters or amplifiers when setting this up so you are sure the aerial signal is getting to the box.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Thar68
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 10

Hi

As I’m doing this for my mother in law I’m not at hers now so I will try this when I next go round there. The tv aerial is working as she has a free view tv and those channels work.

once I go round there and try this, I will reply back on here with the outcome.

thank you 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi

Is the aerial is directly connected to the box and no channels are found, can you connect the aerial direct to the TV Itself and retune the TV.  Does this find all the channels ?

If channels are found on the TV itself, then try a maintenance reset of the box as follows : 

Unplug the power cable and HDMI cable and hold down front panel button. Now plug back in the power cable and HDMI cable whilst still holding the front panel button down. Once the Android recovery screen appears you can release the button and complete a factory reset

If this fails to resolve, then we can arrange for a replacement box.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Yes it’s the first one at the top. The Talk Talk tv hub.

0 Likes

Thar68
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 10

Yes it is.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi

Is the aerial plugged directly into the back of the box ?

is the box the TV Hub, as shown on the following page :  Compare our TalkTalk TV Boxes - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi, I don’t know what the box is, there’s no writing on it but it’s a small plain black box with one power button on front. 
I get as far as where the instructions should come up on tv to continue and after searching for tv channels, there’s nothing. The screen then goes to a big aerial in the front and the message says “ No tv channels available. Plug the aerial into tv to try again” at this point, the last time this happened the screen froze on that and using the remote control didn’t work when pressing anything. I have restarted the whole thing 5 times. It allowed apps to be obtained by google but no tv at all. 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Hi Thar68

If you can answer the questions above, we can offer further help.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

Hi,

Which box is it you are trying to set up?

How far do you get in the setup process? Does it fail at the same point each time?s

Are you using the cables that came with the box (if any)?

if you can let us know we may be able to help before staff are back next week.

Thanks.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes