cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Full fibre and Sports package

PHughes
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 31 of 31

Hi

Anyone know when you should receive the activation email for talktalk tv now membership? I upgraded to full fibre with talktalk tv and the sports package with 11 sky channels.

Installation went ahead last Friday for full fibre. I contacted customer services by chat before installation and was advised the email would not be sent till after installation (when I signed up it gave the impression this would happen before installation). Contacted them the day after installation and was advised it needed 12-24hrs. The same the next day, the fourth time on chat was for 2hrs 40mins with four agents who just kept fobbing me off and one disappeared at the end of his shift and was replaced. The last one lied and said she was transferring me to the loyalty team for some reason and after waiting 30mins I gave up. I then had a 40min telephone call being transferred between three agents and it still did not get resolved.

I was even told I hadn't signed up to the sports channels - I inserted screenshots of my order and they either wouldn't or couldn't look at the order confirmation email plus my account has the button to activate membership which keeps returning an error. One told me I would need to pay more to get it, another told me to sign up for it again but couldn't answer if this would result in me being charged again. Every time they said  they could not re-send the activation email as I had not activated the membership = going round in circles!  

Also asked why they ask for a telelphone number when you contact them as you wont have one as a full fibre customer.

I wonder if it does need to wait till after 14 days for the cooling off period for the full fibre - but why not just say so but I am wondering if that is the best thing to do and cancel the whole order and leave.

Can honestly say the support has been non-existent.

Pat

0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30

Message 1 of 31

Hi

that's great, glad the second router worked out.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 31

Hi Karl

Wanted to give you an update that the second router worked as an extender and I can get TV upstairs and that the correct amount is showing in billing.

Thank you for your help.

Regards

Pat

0 Likes

Message 3 of 31

Your Welcome

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 31

Thanks, have replied and once again a big thank you for you finally getting a resolution.

Message 5 of 31

Thanks Karl - have completed.

Message 6 of 31

Hi Pat,

I've also sent you a short survey to complete. 🙂

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 7 of 31

Hi Pat I've sent you a private message.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 8 of 31

Hi Karl

Apologies for the delay, I was away for  a few days so could not check till yesterday.

Good news = Now TV is active and hub works. The not so good news is that it works downstairs where I get a full signal but I want to use the tv hub upstairs and the wifi strength is only a quarter and the hub could not connect to the wifi (which it did when I took it downstairs to try). Would the best solution be buying another router?

Also, are you able to do a manual adjustment on the account?

Thank you for all your help in chasing the issue up with various teams.

Regards,

Pat     

0 Likes

Message 9 of 31

Hi @PHughes 

I'm showing Now TV Active on your account, is it working at your end now, are you able to access NOW TV content ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 10 of 31

Hi Pat,

I'm chasing for updates on this today, but the issues are still ongoing and under investigation, senior management have also been made aware of the issues.

We have a lot of customers taking NOW TV packages and these are working as expected.  There are a small number of accounts that have recently been affected by this issue, and our teams are trying to understand why this has happened and design a solution. 

You can request that all aspects of TV are removed from your account so you could then take a service with NOW TV directly. To remove any part of a package, give our loyalty teams a quick call and they can process this for you, and make any amendments to your billing.

As soon as I hear back from the teams, I'll update the 3 reports I have here in the community.

Karl,

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 11 of 31

Hi Karl

I'm confused why this issue wasn't found at testing but yet you can bill for it when not delivering it and doubly that talktalk have not been able to resolve the issue?

Is it possible to not take the TV package and I will look for another company that can?

Regards,

Pat

0 Likes

Message 12 of 31

Hi Pat,

Sorry for the delay, I've not forgotten about you, your details are on my watch list here. 

There is an incident raised with our developers as there are some other accounts that have been affected the same as yours.  The billing will be sorted out, we do not expect you to pay for something you are not getting, so don't worry about that side too much.  As they look at the issue, as soon as they identify the root cause and agree a resolution, they they will apply a billing correction to any accounts affected.  If this is not done automatically, then I will have this manually corrected.  I'm chasing with the Teams currently, but as yet the resolution has not been implemented.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 13 of 31

@PHughes, you may need to post afresh in the billing section after this is resolved  - see what Karl is able to sort out for you first.

I'll re-escalate this thread. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 14 of 31

Hi Karl

Any update, I have not heard anything since last Friday?

Could you also look at my billing, I`m being charged and back charged for a service I dont have?

Regards,

Pat

0 Likes

Message 15 of 31

Hi Pat,

Lot of activity since we last spoke.  I've been speaking to project managers and head of billing to look at this issue for me, and they do see an issue here, where the order is not moving to completed once the activation is completed. They have raised this with our internal developers who are working to correct this, so should not be too long now.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 16 of 31

Hi Karl

Any update to see is properly active?

Regards,

Pat

0 Likes

Message 17 of 31

Hi pat, 

I'm not showing the option active on your account here yet, but there could be a delay.

I don't like leaving things to chance, so I'll take this to our teams just to err on the safe side 🙂

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 18 of 31

Hi Kark

Didn't get account error and was able to activate, setup account and then verify email -  can you check this is working in the background?

Regards,

Pat

0 Likes

Message 19 of 31

Hi Pat,

Yes please, try the activation option from My Account and see if this works.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 20 of 31

Hi Karl

Thanks for your updates.

Some good news, I received the email to activate the NOW membership but the not so good news is the link is not active. It looks like there is no link behind it or possibly it has expired?

PHughes_0-1696364963685.png

Do you want me to try and activate from dashboard on My Account - the link is to: https://service.talktalk.co.uk/nowtv?

Regards,

Pat

0 Likes