cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

NOW HD Boost

Jonnylawman
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

I have taken out NOW sports membership for a number of years.  We have a son who is mad keen on football.  Our last membership expired in June as the football season came to an end.  I have just taken out a further membership via TalkTalk as the £20 a month charge with HD Boost thrown in was too good to miss.

It all seems to work with one major exception - I can only watch on one device at a time.  In my account details on the NOW platform it shows I have a sports membership via TalkTalk, but that is all.  There is no HD Boost.  However, on my account on the TalkTalk website it clearly shows that a NOW membership comes with a free HD Boost.  I have logged out on all devices, logged in again and tried various options but I can definitely only watch on one device at a time.  If I try and log in on a second device then I get an error message.

Am I doing something wrong or am I just going to have to cough up another £6 a month via NOW? Being able to watch on two devices at a time is an absolute requirement!

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi

OK, if TV has not been added to your package initially this may stop you seeing the options.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Jonnylawman
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 9

Ok, I think I have realised the problem.  Although I have a TalkTalk YouView box, I don't have a current TV subscription and so I don't get the HD Boost with a NOW Sports subscription.  I WILL have to pay an additional £6 for this.

At least I assume that this is the reason.

Thanks for everyone's help with this.  I have to say the various add-ons are very confusing sometimes!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi Jonnylawman

I can see Sports has been added with the required discount, but there is no mention of an additional Boost for your account, and this only shows the sports package.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 9

OK, the only confusion I can think of is that there a mis-match, or perhaps match, with password/login details. You should have unique details for your NOW account with TalkTalk which you have not used previously with NOW directly.

0 Likes

Jonnylawman
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 9

I have had a NOW membership on previous occasions, but have also bought a subscription via TalkTalk before.  I agree that the HD Boost should work, but I am afraid that it doesn't.  My login details are the same across all devices.  I know it doesn't work because I have tried multiple combinations - so watch online first and then try and logon via an Amazon Fire stick or from a smart tv and try the reverse etc.  The result is always the same.  If I am watching one device then if I try and login on another device it comes up with the message that I am watching on too many devices - ie more than one!

If the HD Boost did work as described then surely on the NOW website it should show that as well as having a Sports Membership that is 'Purchased via TalkTalk' it should say exactly the same for the HD Boost.  But it doesn't.  If I want the Boost I have to pay £6 extra.

There has to be a problem with the way TalkTalk tell NOW what Memberships I am entitled to.  Yes, it is correctly telling NOW that I have a Sports Membership but not an HD Boost.

I don't know if any Community members with set ups similar to mine can say for sure that it all works properly with them.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 9

The Boost via TalkTalk should work exactly as described. Did you previously have a membership directly with NOW? Make sure that your login details across all devices match your current TalkTalk NOW account. 

0 Likes

Jonnylawman
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

Yes I did, and read it several times in case there was something obvious that I was missing!

On the NOW website, it correctly states that my Sports Membership was 'Purchased via TalkTalk'  and so I have to manage it on the TalkTalk website.

But it does NOT say that I have a Boost and if I wanted this I have to add it as a separate Membership on the NOW website.

In My Account on the TalkTalk website it says that NOW Sports is an active add-on and that a NOW Boost is included.  But as I access NOW using my NOW account details I cannot watch it on more than one device at a time because it says I don't have a Boost.

I have just tried it again and there is still a problem and I cannot watch on more than one device at a time.  Surely if I really did have a NOW Boost then the NOW website would also show that this was 'Purchased via TalkTalk'??

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hello,

Can I just confirm, have you had a look at the below Help Guide?

About NOW - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

0 Likes