cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

NowTV issue surprise surprise.

mhunter13
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Talktalk service (TV/BB) went live on 8th April. got Netflix and Now activation emails. Netflix worked fine. Now didn't, linked to a dead offer page. Spoke to advisor on Chat about it and said offer had been withdrawn at short notice. put me on new deal at same price, said I'd get new activation email. haven't got it yet. can't activate through myaccount dashboard on here, still links to dead offer page. I am an existing NowTV user (independently, not from another provider) so need to link my existing account to the Talktalk one.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi @Marsh11 

If you start your own thread (new message), we’d love to help.

We’ve found that posting in someone else’s conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

It’s easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Marsh11
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Unfortunately I have the exact same issue with themselves after going live on Monday the 1st April.

I can already guess where this is going and feel like they have no intrest in resolving the issue and will continue charging for the inflated internet and useless tv box. The value of the deal I signed upto was in the complete package.

Complaint raised and a phone meeting was set for the 8th of April, no attempt to call was made but a text received saying that I had missed the call. In the text a link was provided back to the online chat that when requesting to discuss an existing complaint continuously dies when supposedly attempting to connect to an agent.

I believe this is all a ploy so they can close the complaint after 28 days as per the original text even though you are unable to discuss the complaint with anybody. This closure of complaint means that you then never reach the 8 weeks required by the Ombudsman to investigate your issue.

Hope to be proved wrong but feel like this is highly unlikely.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi

If NOW is not activated it will usually cancel after a period on your account, so you ca continue directly with NOW TV.  If you currently have any ongoing subscriptions with NOW TV, these do have to be cancelled fully before adding their services via TalkTalk.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

thanks, what should I be looking out for? an email, text? I didn't call in, I used your text chat service and got bounced around from dept to dept (full fibre order management sms support-customer service and billing-order mangement team-talktalk full fibre customer service and billing team) they sent me another email which still linked to the offer not found page. so they said they would remove Now from account and re-add. I acknowledged this then 15 minutes later I was chatting to Nosipho from Rich Messages who asked if I was querying Netflix. they said Netflix and Now were both inactive despite me saying and having email confirmation that Netflix had swapped over to Talktalk. I said it was only NowTV. then that was it. didn't hear from anyone again. I texted 40min later asking if anyone was there and I got a response saying please allow me a moment to ask some questions to find a cheap and suitable package for you.

As I understand it, if I don't activate my NowTV with you, you will never bill me for it. so I could just log in with my current membership and continue paying NowTV separately to you?

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi

I can see you have called in regarding this.  Our Teams have escalated this to our order management teams to progress this for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes