cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Problems with connecting new TV box with aerial (yet old box works fine with same aerial)

MJEEE
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

I am really frustrated after a few long live chats and phone call with TalkTalk.  I have a new TV box which I have tried to connect but it won't tune the channels - it doesn't find them.  After running tests, I managed to get some channels but the whole picture was scrambled and says need to connect an aerial.  I can't even get onto iPlayer or go home sometimes as it is so scrambled and flashing Weak / Lost signal.  When I plug exactly the same leads into the old box, it works fine.

Eventually after saying this was an aerial problem until I said it works on the old box, they said this was a problem with the new box so sent me a newer one only for the same thing to happen.  I spent another lunchbreak on with them today and was told to get an aerial engineer out (which I presume I pay for!).  But I am not filled with confidence that this will solve the problem, just take it off their hands.  Has anyone had the same problem?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi

do you have an external roof aerial or indoor aerial ?

Is the cable from the aerial connected directly into the TV Box with no amplifiers or splitters in place ?

If you connect the aerial directly to your TV, bypassing any TV Box, and retune the TV does the TV find all channels and are any of these breaking up.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes