cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Subtitles on catch up tv.

Carmencita2
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

I have managed to get subtitles on live TV but cannot access any subtitles on catch up tv. I have just installed a new ITV hub box as the existing one was deemed to be out of date. I cannot watch tv without subtitles.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi

Exactly as fr8ys advises, and subtitles ill vary between apps.

Some apps can be a little flaky, for example , in the My5 app, there is a settings option to turn subtitles on.  This however does not work and subtitles are not displayed, however if you pause the program, there is a letter 'S' to the right showing that subtitles are available. If you highlight this and press the OK button on the remote, then un-pause the program subtitles are then shown.   So check within each individual app to see if subtitles are showing as available for that program and see if there are options within the content to select subtitles etc.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Not all catch up has subtitles. These are governed by the App owners and not TalkTalk.

Rome apps have a global setting within settings to turn subtitles on where available, others such as iPlayer are on a programme by programme basis.

If using the subtitle feature when present is not showing them, then go to settings and check for app updates.

If this goes not work, try factory resetting the box which will download the app in a fresh format.

If that still does not work, then I suggest contacting the App owner such as ITV or BBC to see subtitles should be available on the version of the app on your box.

Should also add that functions can vary for the same app depending on the device being used.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes