cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

Tv box

Jojox
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

I currently have the very old plus box (youview) which is no longer supported by TalkTalk so I have lost ITV X, radio stations and it constantly doesn’t record properly and playback is not good.

if I chose the TV 4 k. Box I believe I can record onto a USB  but it’s not clear if I can watch another channel whilst it’s recording. Can anyone answer this as I’ve tried live chat and got nowhere! Thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Jo,

Some providers do still issue a box with recording facilities, but the industry as a whole is moving towards online streaming content. You will see that some other providers also issue smaller streaming boxes as well, so I would not be surprised to see more providers moving to streaming boxes only in the near future.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 6

Hi Karl,

thanks for clarifying this, sadly it looks like I will have to leave TalkTalk as I definitely want the facility to record.

thank you 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi Jo,

I'll clarify this a little better.  The Netgem 4K TB box can record onto a usb, but as it only has a single Tuner you would have to watch the channel you are recording.

TalkTalk stopped providing this box last month and no longer issue this box.

Going forward TalkTalk now only provide the TalkTalk TV HUB.

This is an android based TV Box and does have the full suite of on demand players, in addition to things like Now TV, Netflix, Discovery Plus, Disney etc.

There are also other free TV apps such as Pluto TV that can be found on the play store.

Hope this helps.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Hi Karl, 

On talktalks website it says Tv 4K Box can use a USB to record, not the TV HUB box.
I’m so confused as to why no one from talktalk can answer this? 
I’ve been with TalkTalk for over 20 years and am reluctant to leave but can’t seem to get help to enable me to stay.
Sorry I’m moaning but I’ve spent the last 3 hours trying to solve this 
Jo
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi

You cannot record with the TV HUB.  As this is android based it does have access to many on demand players and additional apps can be installed from the Google Play Store.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes