cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Forum Posts

Weak Security warning on Apple iOS and Windows 10 or 11

Some Apple products have recently had an upgrade that can show the WiFi connection as having weak security:- iPad Software Version 14.01 - since the update to Version 14.0 it has shown Weak Security iPhone SE Software Version 14.01 -since the update ...

Privacy warning - this network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic

This subject is involved & not knowing how much you know, or want to know about it, I will try to explain. When you type a website address URL in the browser this must be converted to an IP address, as the URL is not rotatable, only an IP address is....

Enabling QoS (traffic management) on the Hub 2 - DG8041W

Hey folks  I'm wondering if it's possible to enable Quality of Service (QoS) on a TalkTalk Hub 2 router, specifically the DG8041W model. I've scoured the web for instructions but haven't had any luck finding guidance. I'm experiencing difficulties ...

Constant slow to no internet

Hi I'm resorting to coming onto here to lodge a dispute with the service I'm being provided. So, I have been paying for Fibre 150 since October last year and only a handful of times have I been provided with fast internet to the speeds that have been...

Speed test.jpg

Wi-Fi Speed

In the past I haven't had any issues with my internet, occasionally lags with speed. But more so than usual as in the last 2 weeks and especially the last 2-3 days it has gotten really slow to the point simple pages struggle to load. I checked the ro...

Eero and 500mbs package

I’ve just upgraded to 500 mbs on a Eero pro6. When it first went live I could measure 500+ mbs anywhere in the home. 24 hrs later I’m down to 135mbs and the router is hot. I am definitely getting 500mbs to the house. 3 bedroom detached with about upt...

79E12272-B619-4E9C-8EED-F800B59EC8EE.png

slow speeds only 1mb guaranteed

I have been with talk talk/tiscali for 20 years there is No fibre available at my location.My contract ends in July, I would like to keep my email address but as websites seem to require more and more speed /data I find that 1mb is now insufficient t...

Internet and landline phone issue

Hello and long time no hear. I did hope not to come back in here, but after a few months of trouble-free internet and phone calls where I was even getting healthy 53 mbps speeds, sadly there has been another decline today with the internet cutting of...

idj20 by Chat Champion
  • 8 replies
  • 0 like

Frustrating Customer Service.

Hello,I have an ADSL2+ connection which, when working used to be 30Mb+, but started to suffer from a lot of dropouts. The online diagnosis claims "there's nothing wrong" even though I can see the cap in the router (max D/L speed) and this is less tha...

copper and fibre lines

Hi I have been having problems with my internet speed (although download speed is very good) and tried to access my account, but some of the services were unavailable. I have been informed that this is due to me having 2 lines, one line copper and on...

Libslad by Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Complaint

Been trying to make a complaint they are never logged on live chat they just keep lying to me, going round in circles, pay for 500mbps and only getting 320mbps but after my last live chat they cut my speed to 150mbps, how to make a complaint to get t...

slow broadband

I'm only getting 4mb at best, Others offering 10 x this.you offer minimum of 11mb on your adverts,done the tests 7 you say everything is fine but it is slow,

5ghz channel disappeared

I have been having internet problems for a number of days. The initial problem was at the local exchange which has now been rectified following a visit by Openreach.I now have a problem with my router in that the 5ghz band cannot be found by any of m...

CMJTW by Participant
  • 9 replies
  • 0 like

New Speed checker

is the new Speed checker (its checks both speed to router and also router to your devices) not working. Havnt been able to get it to work for 2 or 3 days now. It just comes up with "we seem to be having a problem and are working on it"

patgc by Whizz Kid
  • 7 replies
  • 0 like

Broadband speed

I have only been getting speeds of around 26mbps and have been told by talk talk that I should be getting 40. The set up is ok and I’m being told that the router is ok. I’ve logged on to router admin and changed my channel but nothing is helping. I’v...

Boradband issue

I am wondering where I go to request a replacement router as mine has been having issues, I have had the same router since I became a customer 4 years ago. I lost WiFi connection a week ago and have been running live tests and troubleshooting daily b...

Allan23 by First Timer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 like

Broadband

My broadband connection has been on and off for weeks and nothing seems to be being done about it. My current speeds are 1.13 MB/s Download and 0.14 MB/s upload, totally unacceptable but talktalk say that they cannot see any problems with the connect...

Old Router

My router is a HUWAIE HUBBDG8041WN. I have had it for exactly 4years now.I have never really taken much notice of my speeds but since having a new tv have taken to checking them as the streaming is not that good. Checking over the last month via My C...

patgc by Whizz Kid
  • 23 replies
  • 0 like

Playstation upload speed

My phone says I'm getting the 18mbps upload connection, but my PS4 stays around 7/8mbps and that's hardwired with an ethernet cable. Help

Philly2 by First Timer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Slow download speed

For quite a while now we have had problems with download speeds getting much slower, usually in the evenings.When watching programs the screen freezes and the small circle spins round.What is the reason?Speed test shows the router receiving info at 4...

Tony76 by First Timer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 like

Upgrade Broadband?

We've just joined TalkTalk and we currently have a very underwhelming connection speed of 2mbps. When the engineer came, he said that this was because we are connected to the exchange at the other end of the village rather than the one outside the ho...

JaneD2 by First Timer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 like

Capped Broadband Download Speed

Hi I used to have faster download speeds available, but I appear to be now capped at exactly 60mbps ! , which I find quite frustrating. Can this be uncapped to provide my full speed as before please? Thanks.

Slow broadband

Hi I've been in touch with customer service about this problem and done everything they asked me to do. But my Internet speed is so slow that I can't get onto any tv downloads. Also it intermittently drop of the wi fi altogether. Please can you send ...

Incorrect cabinet routing - only 2MBPS

I have recently moved and the engineer came and put the line in for the fast broadband. He told me that the line is routed to a cabinet (FTTC) too far away from the house even though there is a cabinet just across the road. I need to use the broadban...

JaneD2 by First Timer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 like