cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

BBand speed fallen well below 21.5 Mb/s guaranteed speed

exBT2
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 51 of 51

Hi, BB speed fallen to 15-16 Mb/s and there is a buzzing noise during conversation on my telephone line. The router has been reset and the line noise is present with a phone plugged into the internal master socket (with router disconnected)! The BB speed has been measured using ethernet connection, not wifi.

A on-line line test shows a fault present which could not be identified and a reference given - REP-13645566. I am now locked out of further tests. 

Can you please tell me what happens next, do I have to wait for fault to be investigated? Or any other procedure? It's not clear from the test result info what follows.

Thank you,

Mike.

0 Likes
50 REPLIES 50

exBT2
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 41 of 51

Debbie,  Openreach have cleared the line fault. The link speed is now just above the guarantee but the speed via ethernet connection is only 16 Mb/s and it used to be around 23-26 Mb/s. Does this mean that it will take the router a while to sync to a higher speed? Nothing has changed here apart from the line fault.

Thanks,

Mike.

Oh and the TT speed test shows 'poor'

0 Likes

Message 42 of 51

Thanks Debbie, for update, no sign of Openreach yet.

0 Likes

Message 43 of 51

Hi Mike

There are no updates from Openreach as yet. I will post back as soon as I have further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 44 of 51

Morning Mike

I've checked for an update and this fault is still with Openreach.

I will check on this again later this afternoon for any additional updates from Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 45 of 51

Hi Mike

Ahh no problem 🙂

I will keep you updated.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 46 of 51

Thank you so much, trouble shooting could not be much faster! 😁 will await BT engineers response and monitor this thread.

Best wishes,

Mike.

Message 47 of 51

Hi Mike

Thanks for your reply.

The same fault has been detected on the line tests so I have escalated this straight over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer (external investigation)

I will continue to monitor for updates and I will post back on this thread.

Thanks again.

Debbie

exBT2
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 48 of 51

Sorry, mis-read will disconnect phone too.

exBT2
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 49 of 51

Thank you for speedy reply, I can remove the face plate and plug in just the phone in a couple of minutes if that's OK.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 50 of 51

Hi Mike

I'm sorry to hear this.

The line test is detecting a potential line fault. Just to confirm, is the phone connected directly at the test socket at the moment?

Would it be possible to remove everything from the line including the faceplate for 30 minutes so I can run another line test?

0 Likes