cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband speed contract failure post openreach fixing telephone cableing

jiml13
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Present contract:- Fibre65, TV & Unlimited tel.

5 Aug p.m. Lost telephone and broadband connections - thought I would wait to morning to see if fixed!!

6 Aug a.m. Reported loss of telephone ref 13233882.  Broadband has been constant 42 down 18 up past 20 months (meeting present 18month contract of declared minimum speed of 35 down).

On reporting failure of tel connection. noted broadband speed had dropped to 27 down 12 up. Response, post Talktalk tests,  problem with box to house cabling which Openreach engineer will be addressing.

7 Aug a.m.- Openreach replacement of external cabling fixed the telephone connection; loss of broadband speed remained - Openreach engineer informed of loss of broadband speed. I was informed he would check the past 45days speed against present.

7 Aug p.m.- received e-mail closing the reported fault but, if needed, to live chat with one of the Talktalk team.  Latest Speedtest shows 28 down 18 up - now have a working tel connection but broadband speed now fails to meet the contract.

Please fix broadband speed

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Glad to hear, @jiml13! 😊

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Morning all

Having been a PC/net user for the last 25 odd yrs & previously switching everything off for 5 mins, checking all the pc/router connecting cables I didn't hold out much hope on the 30mins router switch off.

However, switched off the router and unplugged, left for an hour. Reconnected> switched on> all online> did speed test.  Result is far better than expected 51 down 19 up & changing the cable by Openreach has cut ping time down from 21ms to 12ms. I expect the speed  to slow down bit to stabilise, but I now feel I can shut the initial problems down - well done all & thank you. 

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault. Could you try powering down the router for a full 30 minutes please and then run another speed test as this will reset the current session and can often increase the throughput speeds. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Have you tried switching off the router for fully 30 minutes, @jiml13 ?

After doing that, leave it on.

Staff will reply during the day  - you may need to be around to plug it in at the test socket etc.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes