cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Cannot connect to VPN

TonyH80
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

I, like many others, am working from home, and use the in-built Windows 10 VPN to connect to work. It had been fine for the last couple of weeks and then this morning it refused to connect.

I connected my laptop to my phone via hot-spot and the VPN connected instantly, so it's definitely the router that is the culprit, and looking through this forum I can see that I am not the only one to be affected this way.

Is there a firmware update that can be pushed out to undo whatever it is that has caused this problem, or am I looking at a new router? I currently have a SG4K100130.

Tony Heugh
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi,

Can I just ask, do you know if the microsoft VPN updated to a newer version over the last 24-48hrs?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi Tony

No problem 🙂

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 3 of 8

That would be superb, thank you!

Tony Heugh

Message 4 of 8

Hi Tony

Thanks for your reply.

I will just send the router to the address linked to the telephone number in your Community Profile. Will this be ok?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Thank you for your swift response, if we could arrange a new router that would be great, what do you need from me to organise it?

Tony Heugh
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi TonyH80

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I will need to send a different make and model of router. Are you happy for me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi @TonyH80,

It will likely be a firmware update that has caused it. SG4K100130 is brand new, and several customers (specifically ones using the built in Windows 10 VPN) have had VPN connectivity issues after their router upgraded to this new firmware.

The staff here will pick this up tomorrow, they will likely suggest that they just send you a new router of a different type.

I did think the rollout of this firmware version had been put on hold whilst these issues were investigated, but maybe the rollout has started again.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk staff on this community can see your profile details).