cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Constant Lag Spikes and Disconnections

Ryan321
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

Since 23rd June I suddenly get random extreme lag spikes and disconnections for no apparent reason on both wired and WiFi interent. I use my computer to play low-spec games on a wired connection and never download large content.

1. I have checked the router and it seems fine.

2. When the problems occur I am often the only one in the house and according to the TalkTalk WiFi Hub there are only a handful of devices connected.

3. My current download speed is 31.1 MB and the upload speed is a shocking 0.5MB.

4. There have been no changes to the way the internet has been used since the problems began.

I contacted TalkTalk twice on live chat and they said they would spend 20 minutes conducting a test, but I never receive a response from them concerning the results of these tests.

Is anyone able to assist me please?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 5

Hello,

How are you getting on? Do you still need assistance with this?

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 5

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Ryan321
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi Skynet,

Thank you for your response and all of your help. The white light is consistently on and the landline works. I kept trying the live chat system and got this message:

Line tests indicate there is a fault on your line and an Openreach Engineer is required to fix it.
It is believed the issue is outside of your property so the engineer should not need to visit, however if the engineer investigating finds access to your property is required, you will be contacted to agree a time when the engineer can attend. If this happens we recommend contacting us immediately to book the engineer appointment.

I'm not sure why previous agents were not able to identify the issue, but I am delighted they are able to respond so quickly. I will keep you updated.

Best regards.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Ryan321,

Does the LED on the router remain solid white all of the time when you are having these issues ?

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes