cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

DHCP Tables on Sangemcom fast 5364 router/modem - lousy TT support

mondo67
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

This should be such a simple request, so why is TALK TALK tech support so confused over what a DHCP table actually is.   3 hours of hold music, 3 reps that hung up on me probably because they were confused, and now another 40 minutes on hold while a tech support rep tries and gets advice on how to use my routers interface.  

Really really simple question..  how do I access the DHCP table in my routers GUI?  According to the manual https://www.chatteris.biz/blog/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/TalkTalk-Wi-Fi-Hub-Sagemcom-FAST-5364.pdf page 25, it should be here.  But mine is missing.   

Appalling support, many hours wasted, and update:    the current tech support rep has disconnected me once more after 47 minutes on hold, for the 4th time today, still no reply.   

Any one else out here have this problem?   anyone actually know how to view the DHCP table on this router?  

thanks in advance for any help  (no thanks to TT for wasting my time today)

Danny

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 6

Hi Danny,

They are all there in the main advanced display. It clearly shows each device, be they connected via Ethernet or wireless. If wireless, this is broken down into the two bands. Click on each device and you'll see the MAC & IP addresses, a friendly name and all sorts of other stuff.

This assumes a couple of things though:-

• You are using a desktop or laptop to access the GUI. Mobiles have always been very hit & miss.
  • From your last post I assume that you are a TT Business customer? Whilst this forum is for residential customers only, I still try & help. I have no idea if the firmware on TT Bus router's is different in this respect.
  • The firmware version on your router.

Of course this is fully covered by the up to date version of my guide.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

I have 32 devices on my network, including two outdoor links from my home to my shop.  I need to identify each device and cross reference to mac address so I can identify every node on the network.   particularly two that I cannot identify atm, and ensure that static DHCP/Ip addresses are set for any network equipment.   

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 6

Exactly what information from the DHCP tables do you want to see?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

mondo67
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Thanks Keith, didn't know it was not an official guide, but link is above to see who posted your guide. 
thanks for the info, and yes I realise the DHCP tables are not in the same spot as back in 2018, but the question is..  Where are they now?  I think I have scrolled over every menu item in the box, and to no avail. 

D

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Who has stolen my guide & put it on the internet, that is what I would like to know. I want to know what site is linking to it, as I want to get TalkTalk to see if they can get it taken down.

That version is well out of date (nearly 5 years old) & therefore does not refer to the current firmware. It is also totally unofficial, just something I put together in my own time. It is even prior to DHCP Reserved IP addresses, which was sorted I think in the first new version of the firmware.

To answer your question though, where on P25 does it show DHCP tables? Not all information is available to the GUI anyway. If you want to see the connected devices, that is not the correct place.

Keith