cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

HG635

ched999uk
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

We have had a HG635 router for a long long time, maybe 7 or 8 years! It's getting unreliable, in that it doesn't seem to be routing things correctly and getting dns errors. I have tried Googles dns servers and opendns but after a week or so the same issues keep happening, so changed back to talktalk's dns.

It's unbelievable slow to log in and see any of the settings it takes a good 2 minutes to see anything and most times the pages don't fully load i.e. they are missing data. The home page doesn't give Internet Connection status, the Customise my Wireless Network says it's off when it's not, The Check my Newtork Status says 0 connected devices. 

If I click Network it takes over a minute from clicking the Network menu button to a page, then another minute to get it populated.  

It's just become unusable. Is there anything that can be done or should I contact someone to get a replacement?

I can't face the call centre where they have a standard script. I have checked the connections, rebooted, power cycled, check for other wifi networks interfering etc.

I can't change any of the 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz settings as the fields are all blank - see screenshot:

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Screenshot 2023-04-24 17.03.44.png
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi ched999uk

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Thank you. You too 🙂

Debbie

Message 2 of 8

Yes, it arrived yesterday and I fitted it last night. It seems to be working so much better. 

I will package the old one back and return.

Thankyou very much for all your help. Have a great Bank Holiday weekend.

Message 3 of 8

Hi ched999uk

Have you received the replacement router?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi ched999uk

Thanks for your reply 🙂

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Debbie

Message 5 of 8

That would be great, thanks. Do you have all the info you need from my profile?

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi ched999uk

I can send you a replacement router, would you like me to arrange this?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Just wait for staff to reach your thread during the day to reply, @ched999uk.

If your current router is developing faults, there won't be a problem getting a replacement.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.