cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Issues near enough daily

LxHelix
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

So, ive been having issue now for quite some time. Everytime I have contacted TalkTalk they've said they need to send an engineer out etc to test the line and it always comes back saying its fine and theres no issue. However im still having issues daily with my connection.

I recently started streaming on twitch and rely on a decent connection however my connection isnt stable and will more often than not disconnect while I am streaming on the platform. Ive been trying to get some sort of a resolution with my connection as im paying £33 a month for Fibre 65 and only getting 45-50mbps which is lower than what I am supposed to be getting.

I tried to change provider as im getting a terrible service with talktalk and due to the issues ive been having I should be able to leave my contract without paying the exit fee due to the issues not being fixed this is on the Ofcom website which ive checked and have been in contact with since the issues have been occuring. Not getting the speeds aswell as having consistent issues should be more than enough evidence that I am having problems still and im able to leave however talktalk still request a large exit fee regardless of the fact ive been with them for over 10 years now.

I am truly at a loss on what to do with the problems im having and contacting talktalk doesnt resolve any of these issues as they ALWAYS come back or just dont get resolved at all. As i have said im already paying an extortunate amount for speeds which i dont even get and I am now at my wits end with talktalk failing to provide a good and consistent service, Good speeds and a working connection.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Morning LxHelix,

Just checking back in to see how you're getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 2 of 12

Hi LxHelix

No problem 🙂

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

That would be fantastic if you could thank you! 

Message 4 of 12

Hi LxHelix

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

I haven't had a new router in quite a few years now, still using the same one I've had since 2017 I believe 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi LxHelix

Apologies for this.

Have we recently sent you a replacement router for testing?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 12

@LxHelix, your first image displayed your landline number, and, though blurry, the third image displayed your router's network number and none of this information should be displayed on the open forum pages. I've therefore removed these from view.

However, what we get from this is that line tests for your phone have been getting readings of a fault.

Helpful if you can also post the essentials of the other message - I  think it was one of the "connected without internet" ones.

So there is still much for staff to look into here.

However, you have FTTC Fibre65, and that is not expected to give much higher speeds than you are getting. 

45 - 50Mbps is really not bad. What is the Minimum Guaranteed Speed that is shown by a broken line when you run a speed test in My Connection? You should see the line on a graph with speed test results from the past week. 

If you are not dropping below that, you are unlikely to get the early termination fees waived. 

It's nothing to do with how many years we've been a customer  - just the Ts&Cs of the current contract.

Please keep in touch with staff when they try and follow up, as you left it many days last week and that rather hampered progress.

Please look out for their response during the day. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Private Message TalkTalk

Message 8 of 12

Im still having the issues now. It's been on and off all week worse that normal now. I've contacted talktalk several times in the past I get told the issue is fixed and then it happens like nothing was sorted whatsoever.  I have attached pictures showing that my connection is "fine" but then 2 others showing the connected device has no Internet access this is using wireless and a wired connection. 

I'm really at a loss now as I require an Internet connection as I'm now streaming daily but my connection has been so bad I'm disconnecting and losing all access to the Internet. 

I've had these issues with disconnections for years now to my property and it just doesn't get fixed. Thus why I have been trying to end my contract sooner without the ending fee due to the issues I'm having and being told have been fixed previously time and time again. From the people I have spoken to about it the issues I'm having according to the regulations which talktalk themselves are a part of I should be allowed to leave due to not getting what I'm promised and paying for. Sorry you've had to deal with this but I've really reached the point where talktalk isn't for me anymore. 

Screenshot_20230911-003346_Chrome.jpg

  

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12
0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

Hi LxHelix

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and the connection appears to be stable.

Is the connection only dropping when using wireless? Which router do you have? (make and model)

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi LxHelix

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes