cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Line activation

Redonak
Participant
Private Message
Message 23 of 23

My line activation was yesterday but I waited until today and yet the router is still flashing a blinking amber colour and there is still no connection. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you.

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Message 1 of 23

Hi Redonak

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

Thank you for letting us know.

Debbie

Message 2 of 23

Hi Debbie, the engineer just came to fix it and it is all up and running now. Thank you so much for your team’s quick response. Greatly appreciated! ☺️👍

Message 3 of 23

Hi Redonak

Just sent it now 🙂

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 23

It is enabled now, thank you.

Message 5 of 23

Hi Redonak

Thank you. I wont be long, I just need to get your Private Messages enabled so I can send the message.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 23

Thank you so much, will wait for your message then. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 23

Hi Redonak

No problem. I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 23

I think it is much better for me to arrange an engineer visit please. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 23

Hi Redonak

Thanks for your reply.

Ok, the 2 options we have are to send another router for testing to rule out any equipment faults or arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

How would you like to proceed?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 23
  • I’m afraid no, I’m quite new to this flat so I don’t know anyone who I can borrow a phone to. Is there any other option to check it?
0 Likes

Message 11 of 23

Hi,

Would it be possible to borrow a phone for testing purposes so we can check to see if you have a crossed line please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 23

I did found out about that link and I did exactly what was in there yesterday. But it is still not working unfortunately, still the same.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 23

Yes I have also done the factory reset, I hold it in for 30 seconds. I have also tried to turn off the router for full 30 minutes after that. The main socket has a test socket yes. I initially didn’t use the filter because the phone and broadband is already separate. But I found out that it was not working so I removed the socket cover and directly plug it in the socket with the filter on. 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 23

Hello,

Sorry for the delay. Can I just confirm, that's also after factory resetting the router? Does the main socket have a test socket?

Your guide to main phone sockets

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 23

I have also tried to plug and unplug it from the main open reach socket but it is still the same. 

0 Likes

Redonak
Participant
Private Message
Message 16 of 23

I have tried doing both of it but it is still showing a flashing amber light. Still the same, no internet connection when I tried to connect my devices.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 23

I have already added the telephone number on my profile. I’m not sure about that, but I have connected it to a Openreach socket. 

0 Likes

Message 18 of 23

Hello,

Thank you. I've run a test on the line now which is clear and the connection stats also look ok. Could you try factory resetting the router and then re-setting it up again please. If it still won't connect following this then can you also try powering down the router for a full 30 minutes.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 19 of 23

I don’t have a physical landline phone set here but I have received an email with the Talk talk phone number. I have added it to my profile. 

0 Likes

Message 20 of 23

Morning,

Are you able to log into your My Account as the telephone number will show in there? Is this a Future Fibre (FTTP) connection or FTTC?

Thanks

0 Likes