cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Moving home with talk talk

Ansob_890
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

I just moved home with talk talk. Should go live today in the new house however is new house after renovation, no wiring for broadband or phone line or sockets.  Lady on the line told me that  as I am home mover I have to self install broadband sockets 😱😱 I informed them already 2 weeks ago there is no sockets in the house ,they told me I have to wait until I go live so they can send engineer. I allegedly went live today without wiring 🤣🤣🤣 and they refused me an engineer. Called again and again spent 40 minutes over the phone , until I told them I want to cancel my contract I should be my own engineer and put wiring on my own. 7 months pregnant and have no idea how to put cables or install sockets or where even take from the cables. Need to think about changing Internet provider 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Ansob_890,

If you do need any further assistance can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Thank you Martswain. I totally understand and don't deny ,for sure previous owner of the house had a phone line or Internet, almost every does.  But line and cable and sockets were definitely cut off. What I don't get is that I am calling customer support, telling them what is the fact and they are still denying engineer telling me I should self install line - I wish I could know how.

It is like talking to a machine not a human.

Very poor customer service. Hopefully it will be sorted today.

Have a nice day

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 7

The order process may have identified that there is actually a line to the property therefore the "system" has booked a self-install without an engineer.

Renovated properties also have known the have had lines cut, sockets removed and then new skirting fitted over that cut cable.

Best of luck getting it sorted.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 4 of 7

If there is no phone line coming into your home from the outside then TalkTalk would arrange an Openreach engineer to install a line, the Openreach engineer would also install a master phone socket in your home to connect this new line to. If you wanted further extension phone sockets in your home then those would be your own responsibility to get installed, but the phone line into your home from outside, and the master phone socket for it to be connected to, would be installed by Openreach.

Hopefully the support team here on the community will be able to help more tomorrow.

Message 5 of 7

Thank you. Will do so. I am moving with my Fibre 65 .I was shocked hearing that home movers are not eligible for engineer and even after telling lady that there is no wiring and sockets she still insisted she will go step by step with me on sefl installation. She told me that she spoke to an engineer and broadband sockets and phone line should be placed by me 🤣🤣🤣 I even called my handyman hoping he knows how to install such but no. Thanks for this community 

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi @Ansob_890,

Well the advice you have been given sounds very poor. I'm not sure what service you want installed (e.g. a service that comes down the phone line (like Fibre 35/65), or a full fibre service), but either way, the main sockets & wiring into your property should be professionally installed by an engineer.

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include :

• Your name
  • Landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service was provided on (this is shown in ‘My Account’) OR your account number if you had Full Fibre with no landline
  • An alternative contact number

This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.