cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No Internet - Completely useless service

johnhodgson
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 18 of 18

What is going on? - still no internet connection, endlessly flashing router.

Fault ref no. REP-11198752 - "08/04/2022 - This fault is still in progress. We are working to get this resolved for you... Check back in a few days." - Are you kidding? I'm trying to make a living here!

I'm now relying on mobile data and next door's rather good Sky WiFi (with their permission)

If this ever gets resolved and I get online with TalkTalk again, the first thing I'll be checking out is Broadband deals with ANYONE ELSE!

17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

I'm sorry to hear that you're thinking of leaving John but I know this must be very frustrating and inconvenient.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

I'll let you know Chris - but they aren't coming out until after Easter which means it will have been almost 2 weeks with the internet. I don't think this is acceptable for a broadband "supplier", so whatever the outcome I'll be leaving TalkTalk as soon as possible. 

Message 3 of 18

Hi Johnhodson,

I can see that this has now been logged out for an engineer visit - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

Hi Johnhodson,

No further updates yet, I'll check again later, sorry it's taking so long to resolve

Chris

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 18

@PaulWShep I can see you have started your own topic, please wait for a response from the support team there. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

I’m in your position too… can’t work from home, small amount of mobile phone data… constant handoffs with Customer Care, may try buying a Talktalk router off EBay, reset ID and password and look to change to another provider in July when contract is up. It’s all too slow & repetitive to resolve!! 

PaulWShep
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 18

Exactly my experience, when it fails you’re shafted! I’m considering buying same router off EBay as service is to slow to resolve. Last call stated ‘Can’t help, it’s with a Case Manager’ & I’m awaiting their call… which may never happen TBH! 

johnhodgson
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 18

Still no internet - still buying mobile data to work. I heard EE are good for broadband - anyone got any recommendations?

Message 9 of 18

Hi John

No additional updates from Openreach as yet. I will keep monitoring this.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

Hi johnhodgson

Apologies for the delay.

This fault is still with Openreach, no additional updates have been provided at the moment.

I will check this again this afternoon for any further updates from Openreach.

Thanks

0 Likes

johnhodgson
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 18

Still no internet - 72 hours came and went - this is hopeless - we're now on day 5

0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

Hi,

Apologies, hopefully it won't take too long for the engineers to resolve this.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

I didn't realise that - I suppose I've been lucky before - I'm about half way thru that I guess 😞

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 18

@johnhodgson unless you have a business broadband service, response times with most ISPs on home contracts are normally up to 72 hours.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 18

Hi,

Thank you. I've checked and can see that their is currently an outage which is under investigation at the moment. 

Thanks

0 Likes

johnhodgson
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 16 of 18

Updated profile info

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 17 of 18

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes