cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Prime Video issue.

DennisD51
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hi all,

I'm asking a question I'm sure I already know the answer to but I have to go through the motions to quash one of Amazon's reasons for my issue. 

Since yesterday I've been blocked from streaming any video on Amazon Prime by a pop up message stating that I appear to be using a VPN or Proxy Service and to disable it.

I've just about rammed it down their throats that I don't and never have used either, but they keep coming back to it, even suggesting that there's probably something like this embedded in my broadband service.

This is definitely a Prime Video technical issue with many posts on their forum about this going back a number of years, so I simply need confirmation, for them, that this Prime Video block isn't caused by my Internet service.

For info, this only happens when selecting a full length  video. I can even watch movie trailers with no issue.

This is a real pain in the backside from Amazon, so thanks in advance for any advice.

Dennis.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8
0 Likes

DennisD51
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 2 of 8

Hi Debbie,

Just done that, and thanks again.

Dennis

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi Dennis

Ahh I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting me know 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Debbie

0 Likes

DennisD51
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 4 of 8

Debbie, you're an absolute star. I left the router off for over an hour, fired up and Prime Videos now load.

I did try rebooting the router yesterday, with no luck obviously, but would not have thought of your excellent suggestion.

I've tried it twice to make sure both on my TV and tablet and all's fine. Thank you very very much for your solution and your prompt responses. I'll now post this solution on the Amazon support forum.

Thanks again, 

Dennis. 

Message 5 of 8

Hi Dennis

Thank you, please let us know how you get on.

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

DennisD51
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi Debbie, and thanks for the quick response. I'll do that and get back to you later. 

Dennis.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi Dennis

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you power down your router for a full 30 minutes and then test again? This will clear your current session.

Thanks

0 Likes