cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router reset settings

NinjasUnite
Team Player
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

Hi,

I would just like confirmation that WiFi optimisation is still turned off as I’ve noticed the router reset all the settings I changed when it updated. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi,

Ok thanks for confirming 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Yes, it’s all fine.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Morning,

Ok thanks for confirming. Is the connection still ok at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi Chris,

Before the update yes but I could have it on high with no issues. After the router update no, I didn’t change it. It was already on high when I was diagnosing my game and Discord issues.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi NinjasUnite,

Thanks for the information about the firewall, could I just ask, had you changed it from the default setting to high?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Thanks Debs. Not sure if this change to the firewall is intentional or not but I’d thought I’d make you aware that I use to be able to have the firewall on high with no issues but now I have to have it on medium otherwise it stops me from joining Discord voice channels and playing live service games such as Ghost Recon Breakpoint.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Thank Debs. I’d also like to draw your attention to an issue with the firewall. I use to be able to have it on high with no issues but now I have to have it on medium otherwise it stops me from connecting to game servers such as Ubisoft and Discord voice channels. Not sure if the change was intentional or not so I’d thought I’d make you aware.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi NinjasUnite

Apologies, I have now switched this off again.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes