cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

router

twiggyb
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 24 of 24

hi i have been connected  to the talk talk fibre for a week the router  is giving me ok speed  but the   light  isn't  on and the the phone wont  work when plugged into the back of the router. the phone works ok if  plugged into  the phone socket in  another room. i think it must be a fault  in the router . do i need new  router replacement? if so how do i get one

twiggyb
0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

twiggyb
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 21 of 24

hi i am on fibre 65 they put  a new line in  and  talk talk sent me a router it has a green socket  for a phone the phone  works on the regular phone socket  that is in another room but not on the router the router appears to come from a grey box outside then enters into a white box  in the house that has flashing green lights that in turn is connected to the router  the router is working but no light remains on the router  i think it suppose to have a white light remaining on isn't it? sorry i am not good at this stuff

twiggyb
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 22 of 24

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk staff on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 23 of 24

Hi @twiggyb,

What Fibre package are you on ?

What make of router do you have ?

If you have something like Fibre 35 or Fibre 65 down a regular phone line to a phone socket, then you can't plug a phone into the router, you have to plug the phone into the phone socket on the wall via a microfilter.