cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Cannot send email from Outlook.com to tiscali.co.uk for last two days TT992 error

Old-Davy
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

For last two days,  I cannot send email from my iPhone using Outlook.com, to my home email address which ends @Tiscali.co.uk. and get the error statement "there is a problem with the recipients mailbox. Please try resending the message. If the problem continues, please contact your email admin.)    .... content rejected (TT992).

Tried sending email to home address from another source using Outlook.com and same problem occurred.

I can send email from my @Tiscali.co.uk to my Outlook.com address with no problem, but get the same above error message when I try to Reply.

My @Tiscali.co.uk is receiving numerus emails from other sources with no problems.

Can anyone help please?

Old Davy
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Old-Davy
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 1 of 5

Hi Gondola

Thanks again for response.

I'll wait a few days to see if TalkTalk resolve the issue.

Old Davy

Message 2 of 5

Reported to TalkTalk as an issue for TalkTalk Mail customers wanting to get genuine mail messages not spam from Outlook.com and Hotmail.com contacts.

Not personally reported to Microsoft although their email admins will no doubt be aware because of the TT992 bouncebacks.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Old-Davy
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi Gondola

Thanks for response.

Is the spam content aspect a general thing for Outlook  messages overall?( i.e. the last messages I have been trying to send have been very basic, e.g. just "test": certainly no spam content)

When you say the issue has been reported , do you mean reported to Microsoft? If so, any idea whta their response time is likely to be please?

Old Davy
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

The bounceback is a spam protection TT992 rejection telling Microsoft that either their mail messages are not authenticated or there's too much spam directed from them to the TalkTalk network.

The issue has been reported.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes