cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Emails going missing

Timpuk
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Several emails are not reaching my talktalk accounts and are not being bounced either - they are just disappearing.  I have done some testing and that is definitely the case.  When I test, emails from some addresses always get through to my talktalk accounts, some hardly ever get through and some get through about 50% of the time!  I have checked webmail and it matches my email client (outlook for windows).  It is worrying that some emails to me just disappear without trace.

I'd be grateful for any help or advice.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Thanks Ady.  I will investigate. 

I worry that, in general, I might be missing emails from people in general and none of us know because there are no bounce reports being sent, but I guess that's an industry-wide issue.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

The bounce shows no SPF records as being the cause. Cloudmark won't give a bounce notification. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Thank you, Ady.  That is very helpful and interesting.  As well as being the intended recipient, I am the web manager for the email address that is sending those emails (a not for profit organisation which helps people running rowing clubs in schools). There should not be many emails from that address to TalkTalk addresses so any numbers you can provide would be very useful.

Can you suggest why that address does not seem to be getting bounce notifications?  I understand that TalkTalk needs to be rigorous with anti-spam measures but is there anyone I can contact to discuss?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi Timpuk, it seems although the scan I'm running is taking a very very long time that we have indeed blocked about a third of the mails sent to our customers by the sender you provided. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Timpuk
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

Thank you, Ady.  I have added the address that seems to get silently rejected most often to my private notes.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi Timpuk, please add the affected sending email addresses to private notes in your community profile and I'll run a check on our system for accepted rejected mail over the last 7 days.

Ady

0 Likes