cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

I need IMAP reinstating for one of my tiscali email accounts

Gordie
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

I have 2 tiscali.co.uk email accounts with TT.    I have no problems gaining access to may email with IMAP Email 1 account as I changed the server security settings as advised by TT in their email.  However, I can access Email 2 via webmail without issue so the email address and password are correct but I cannot set up email access on our tablets or phones.  I have tried several apps and they all fail, some providing a message stating that POP3 or IMAP have not been enabled for this account.  

Can you help get IMAP reinstated for Email 2 please?      Email addresses held in  My Settings--Personal Profile--Personal Information--Private Notes

Gordie
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Ady... all working fine now, thanks for the help. 5* support

Gordie

Message 2 of 10

Hi Gordie, hopefully you'll have working mail later today.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 3 of 10

I've pushed another reminder into the TalkTalk Support workflow as a few topics seem to have long delays in getting full access restored. Unfortunately it'll probably be next week before a TalkTalk Support response is made to this topic as Community does not have TalkTalk Support at weekends unless there's a priority 1 outage.

Webmail will keep you in touch in the meantime.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 4 of 10

Ady, tried to access the email #2 mailbox again at 3pm today and its still failing with the same error msg.  Username / password incorrect but they work fine for webmail so they are correct.  The settings I'm using on my Android phone with email app are:

email:  R*******0@tiscali.co.uk

Hostname: mail.talktalk.net

Username: R*******0@tiscali.co.uk

Password:   ********

Port: 993

Security: SSL/TLS

Hostname: smtp.talktalk.net

Username:  R*******0@tiscali.co.uk

Password: ********

Port: 587

Security: SSL/TLS (also tried StartTLS)

PS: I tried the Bluemail app and it only accepts the IMAP server login details first but it fails straight away before askimg for the SMTP details.

Can you help resolve this pse?

Gordie
0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

You're very welcome.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gordie
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 10

Thanks Ady....... I will give it a couple of days as req.

Gordie

Message 7 of 10

Hi Gordie, I've added your mailbox to those to be restored to normal function. Please allow 48 hours for the change to complete.

Ady

Message 8 of 10

Yes the culprit device had the old settings and we had tried to use it unsucessfully many times.  I did change my phone a a tablet for Email 1 and it works perfectly. I have all the relevant latest settings ready to go once enabled.  Thx for your help.

Gordie

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

Yes, looks like Email #2 is limited to webmail.

I've requested that full access is restored for the email address mailbox in your Community profile Private notes.

TalkTalk Support will respond here and access returned within a couple of days after that. Until then use TalkTalk Mail webmail via an up to date Internet browser to keep in touch with email contacts.

Are you confident that you need no help with checking the devices / services / email software for compatibility with secure mail and the incoming and outgoing server settings you're using?  Did you identify the insecure settings, for example? The culprit device or software that got your mailbox access switched off? 

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution