cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Mailserver is on TalkTalk internal blacklist

agenturadler
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

Hi all,

I'm the owner of a web agency based in Germany. We maintain several server for our clients and ourself and have the problem, that our mailservers are on the internal TalkTalk blacklist.

--

<xxx@tiscali.co.uk>: host mx.tiscali.co.uk[62.24.139.42] refused
to
talk to me: 554 cm7gb1 mx.talktalk.net UQ3Bp15Qvh2Vt IP Blacklisted
(TT103)

--

Our mailservers have the IP addresses

How can I get this removed from the internal TalkTalk blacklist?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Christian

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi agenturadler, I've had no contact from our mail admins. I've sent a chaser to try and elicit a response.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 11

My question was not addressed at you directly. This was a general question because it seems, that there is no progress on TalkTalk side.

Message 3 of 11

You would know before anyone in TalkTalk land would tell me.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

agenturadler
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 11

Are there any news regarding this topic? Unfortunately, I haven't received an answer from TalkTalk, yet.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

TalkTalk's Email Admins have been notified by Ady-TalkTalk of the blacklisting and they'll respond in due course, I hope, with the reason for the blacklisting.

Message 6 of 11

The messages that are blocked are no spam messages. Those are business communication from one of our clients to one of its customers.

We have no spammers on our server. The listing on the Level3 list is not because of our IP address - if so, our IP address would be also on UCEPROTECT Level 1 (and that's not the case).

My question: ist TalkTalk using the UCEPROTECT Level 3 list?

Is it just possible to remove our IP addresses from the TalkTalk blacklist as it is possible at any other mail service provider like Google, Microsoft, TrendMicro etc. that have special websites with a form to request such removal?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

I am well aware that the UCEPROTECT Level 3 listing does receive criticism because of the blocking of whole ranges of IP addresses even though only one IP address and maybe only one of your customers is sending spam. But that's one spammer too many. I'm also aware that the business model of UCEPROTECT Level 3 does receive criticism because they only support delisting if contributions are made.

If TalkTalk were blacklisting even before the IP addresses were listed by UCEPROTECT Level 3 then that's pretty much confirmed that TalkTalk Mail users have marked some mail as unwanted spam and subsequently spam has been detected by UCEPROTECT as well.

Have you identified the source of the spam from the first undelivered mail message and removed the spammer from your servers?

This response is not an official TalkTalk response but is intended to help you eliminate spam from arriving at TalkTalk's mail servers. An official response will follow.

Message 8 of 11

I know about this entry.

I hope, TalkTalk is NOT using this Level3 list. No reasonable provider should use this Level3 list due to the fact, that this list uses IP ranges and not only one single IP address and the provider has a very strange business model.

Furthermore, the first undelivered mail message from TalkTalk was sent in a time, where this Level3 list entry was not present. In this time, there was no entry on an external blacklist.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 11

Your IP addresses are on a non-TalkTalk blacklist because of hosting spammers. i.e. the IP addresses have a poor reputation and the fix is to stop spam at source.

Reason for listing - Your ISP NETCUP-AS netcup GmbH, DE/AS197540 is UCEPROTECT-Level3 listed because of a spamscore of 59.

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hi Christian, I've alerted our email team to this for you. Unfortunately, we don't and never have had a postmaster email address to allow the ESPs to contact the mail team directly.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes