cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

My email inbox has been emptied

AngelaA
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

The emails in my inbox have disappeared.  I logged into my PC and some were still there but they have all gone now.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

TalkTalk don't delete mail messages from the Inbox. Send yourself a new message to make sure it does arrive in and stay in the Inbox.

All new mail messages have been inadvertently deleted from the Inbox or both old and new mail messages have been inadvertently deleted from the Inbox? Check that you don't have any Rules active including any Auto forward that can send your messages elsewhere before deleting those messages from the Inbox.

• Look in the Trash folder which is where inadvertently deleted mail messages are moved to
  • Look in all other folders just in case the messages have been inadvertently moved to another folder

If you have multiple devices or mail collection service able to connect to your TalkTalk mailbox and any one of those devices is set up to access your mailbox using a POP3 connection then as a default setting that device or mail collection service, such as Gmail, can download and delete from the Inbox. 

If you don't have any devices or mail collection service downloading and deleting mail messages from the Inbox and that deletion is still happening for new mail messages then the worst case scenario is that your mailbox password has been discovered. Just as a precaution scan your email devices to remove viruses, trojans and other malware before upgrading the password.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution