cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

New webmail drag and drop

Adesmith
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 25

Webmail has just upgraded and I can't seem to drag and drop emails into my email folders now. I have to use the move feature - this is on a windows laptop 

24 REPLIES 24

Message 1 of 25

I've not seen any feedback from TalkTalk but I've just re-tested the Drag and Drop functionality and its working without need of an ad-blocker. TalkTalk or TradeHouse Media will have resolved the code conflict I assume.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 25

That'll do nicely.  Grateful thanks for confirming.

I normally leave Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google and TalkTalk.co.uk unblocked.  But do leave the TalkTalk Mail site restricted for now until TalkTalk get their act together. TalkTalk are responsible for their contract with Trade House Media. If you find there are knock on effects, and this goes for any sites that you use with ad and or tracker blocking, then just remember you have Ghostery in play and you can trust sites or opt for partial blocking and you can pause Ghostery at any time to see the effect on display of Ghostery being active versus paused.

I just hope that TalkTalk are taking decisive action that's long overdue.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 25

16949718728136123655182049568989.jpg

 putting it on site restricted does seem to have done the trick Gondola- i can now grag and drop👍

0 Likes

Message 4 of 25

It says Ghostery needs reloading which means it my not be actively blocking until the browser is refreshed. What I do as a double check when switching Ghostery from Actively blocking to Paused, or vice versa, is to click the banner message in Ghostery AND refresh the browser by clicking on the browser circle arrow.

Try that and then try a drag and drop from the Inbox to another folder e.g. Drafts or a personal folder. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 25

Still cant drag and drop despite installing Ghostery unfortunately Gondola

20230917_103213.jpg

0 Likes

Message 6 of 25

Hi,thanks for the info, i'll try it on my laptop when i get back on Monday 

Cheers Gondola 

Message 7 of 25

Hi Adesmith 

You've not responded. Are you now using an Ad Blocker as a workaround for the Drag and Drop fail? I appreciate your time to let me know. Thank you.

The Drag and Drop fail is still present today 15 September. So neither TalkTalk nor Trade House Media have done anything to fix the code fail. The last time this happened there was a conflict in code usage. Trade House Media gave an undertaking to check, prior to implementation, any code changes with Open Xchange, the mail platform operator. 

Ghostery : Block Trade House MediaGhostery : Block Trade House Media

The above screenshot shows Ghostery blocking 6 instances of tradehouse.media and when blocked the Drag and Drop functions normally. When tradehouse.media is Allowed then the Drag and Drop fails.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 25

Hi Adesmith 

How are you getting on? - have you added an Ad-Blocker like Ghostery to the browser to prove that Drag and Drop does work when advertising is blocked?

I've carried out further testing today on the Drag and Drop fail. I can now consistently replicate the Drag and Drop fail and associate that with the selective blocking / unblocking of Trade House Media - tradecore.tradehouse.media - such that when blocked the Drag and Drop functions and when unblocked the Drag and Drop fails. This is not the first time that Trade House Media have disrupted the normal functioning of TalkTalk Mail.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 25

Hi Adesmith 

OK, I've just been doing some more testing.  I can now replicate the failure of Drag and Drop.

Windows 11 and Chrome Version 116.0.5845.188 (Official Build) (64-bit) with the Ghostery Ad Blocker extension.

With the Ad Blocker active Drag and Drop works as normal.

With the Ad Blocker paused and the page reloaded the Drag and Drop fails.

With the Ad Blocker resumed and the page reloaded  the Drag and Drop works as normal.

I suggest you try an Ad Blocker and confirm the results.

Message 10 of 25

Hi Adesmith, please add the affected email address to the private notes in your community profile so that I can add you to the list of those affected.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 11 of 25

Hi Ady,

Just wanted to let you know that I also have the same problem and cannot drag and drop emails into various folders in my Tiscali email account.

Message 12 of 25

Hi Ady, I've heard nothing back on this. I've sent another chaser today. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 13 of 25

Hello,

Thanks, we'll let you know as soon as we receive an update on this.

Thanks

Message 14 of 25

Im on chrome and windows 10 Ady

Message 15 of 25

Hi, thanks for your suggestions but pressing escape has not improved things. Yes i can drag and drop elsewhere👍

Message 16 of 25

Why some mailboxes would support drag and drop and not others is unexpected. On the Windows desktop can items be dragged? Just to check that the drag sensitivity has not been set too high. Does pressing the Esc key prior to a drag and drop enable the drag and drop to work? Just a couple of suggestions to try.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 25

My own test account has been migrated and does not have the ability to drag and drop I've already raised this to the team. 

Ady

Message 18 of 25

Hi Ady, just to confirm, my two mailboxes that have been migrated (3) and (4) I've tested on Windows 11 with both Chrome and Firefox and both have the Drag and Drop feature enabled. My understanding is that Drag and Drop should be enabled by default in OX Cloud 8.

Just as an aside, the (3) mailbox that over the last 5 years has been waiting on the email admins to make a config change to allow Mark as Spam has now got that feature enabled as a result of the migration to OX Cloud 8.

0 Likes

Adesmith
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 25

Thanks for replies, ill check tomorrow when ill have access to my laptop 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 25

Perhaps @Adesmith doesn't realise there have been replies?

Just copying them in with @ so they should notice that you are on the case, if they sign in.

Not everyone gets a notification of replies

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.