cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Old Samsung Tablet Email Settings

KenCee
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

I have a  Samsung SM-T560 tablet and cannot get it to connect to my email server.  I have tried mail.talktalk.net, TLS, Port 993 but that does not work.  Any advice?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 9

Try TLS, although you may find that the GMail version is too old. On Android, I prefer K-9 Mail which is now owned by Thunderbird.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 2 of 9

These are the only security choices I get (see attached).Security SettingsSecurity Settings

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 9

Your security type is wrong, as per my first screenshot it should be SSL/TLS.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

KenCee
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 9

I have attached the image of the first page of the setup (can't get to the smtp settings page because I get the message "Setup could not finish.  Cannot safely connect to server."IMAP SettingsIMAP Settings

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 9

This is what you should be doing.

Use:-

Add Accounts > Other

Enter email address followed by:-

Manual Setup > Personal (IMAP)

Enter email password

Change incoming mail server to:-

imap.talktalk.net

Next

Outgoing Settings

Require sign in – On

SMTP server:-

smtp.talktalk.net

Then checking it, it should look like this:-

IMAPIMAP

SMTPSMTP

Keith

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 9

Please actually get the screenshots I cannot tell from your description if you have set up the username correctly & exactly which TLS setting are you trying to use? What about all the SMTP settings? I cannot help you without this. Just redact your email address & password.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

I am using GMail.  I have used the manual settings shown above.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

What email app are you using? Please include screenshots of the email setup so as I can verify them for you.

Keith