cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Outlook 365 unable to add taltkalk account

RScott16
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

I have recently updated MS Outlook [ which worked fine for talktlak but no NHSmail]  on my Windows 10 [fully up to date]  machine from 2013 to Outlook 365. I can add exchange accounts [ e.g. NHS mail] but not talktalk IMAP. -  I have treble checked settings via advance settings.  If I avoid going via advance settings I get put onto a Microsoft sign in screen which doesn't recognise my talktalk email address [ though I can successfully login into Microsoft 365 and Microsoft live using it ] and am unable to "recover " from this. Talktalk  helpline state is an issue with outlook. I have removed and reinstalled Office 365 to no benefit. Using a different profile in outlook also does not help.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks, Richard

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

Hi Richard

Was the email account fully working for both send and receive using Outlook 2013 immediately prior to upgrading to Outlook 365? Asking just in case the mailbox was restricted to webmail only access because of the use of insecure settings on Outlook 2013.

Outlook 365 supports secure mail and to update go via the Advanced setup settings of an email profile, as in this example for Windows 10.

• Select the  Windows icon bottom left
  • Select the  Settings cog icon
  • Select Accounts
  • Select  Email & Accounts and for a first time setup select Add Account and enter the settings in the table
  • Or select the email account
  • Select Change account or double click on the email account

At that point on your device you ought to see the Outlook setup to enter the TalkTalk Mail server settings: NB All talktalk domains use the exact same IMAP secure settings.

Supported Outlook 365 settings for IMAP email accounts are:

Account Type  IMAP secure
Username Full TalkTalk email address
Password TalkTalk email password
Incoming mail server mail.talktalk.net
Incoming Port (IMAP) 993
Incoming Connection Security SSL/TLS
Outgoing mail server smtp.talktalk.net
Outgoing Port 587
Outgoing Connection Security STARTTLS
My Outgoing Server Requires Authentication Yes
Authentication Method Normal Password (Not SPA)

For a definitive check of settings take screenshots of the incoming and outgoing server settings, image edit to obscure the first part of the email address and upload here using the Camera icon (desktop browser) or Picture icon (mobile browser) above this reply area.

But you should be able to get the settings to save ok if the mailbox has not had IMAP access withdrawn due to previous lack of secure settings.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution