cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

TalkTalk blocking access to company email?

prgb100
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hi there,

Hopefully someone can assist - I have tried the live chat but the agent directed me here.

Until today everything has been working well, however this morning I found I could not connect to my company email either IMAP or Webmail, or cPanel for web hosting. This is only through TalkTalk - if I use 4G / 5G it works absolutely fine. TalkTalk seem to be blocking nebula.servers.prgn.misp.co.uk (31.170.123.89)

First I tried turning the TalkTalk router on and off - no joy. I then tried a factory reset of the router and still no joy.

I have spoken to the host provider and their systems are all running as they should be.

Please let me know if there's something else I can try. So far, all other web sites seem to load correctly.

Many thanks,

Peter

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi prgb100, Gondola won't see you wrong. Gondola provides the best advice to our other community members.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 6

Hi Gondola,

Thanks again for getting back to me. I did try clearing the DNS cache, as you recommended. That didn't work, but it made me think that everything pointed to there being a DNS problem somewhere. I found this post: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/DNS-reset-or-flush/td-p/2639169

Though I'd tried turning the router on and off and giving it a factory reset, I hadn't turned it off for long. I turned it off for a few hours this afternoon and when I turned it on again, all is working again 🙂

Thanks so much - if you hadn't suggested the things you had, I wouldn't have got to this point.

Thanks again,

Pete

Message 3 of 6

Clear your DNS cache maybe?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 4 of 6

Hi Gondola,

Thanks very much for the reply. 

In response to where you note "You will be able to use the incoming and outgoing mail server provided by your business mail hosting service."

I am not able to. When I try to go to the page you seem to be able to reach,

https://nebula.servers.prgn.misp.co.uk/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi

I get the following:

This site can’t be reached

nebula.servers.prgn.misp.co.uk took too long to respond.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

I am connected directly to the TalkTalk router, I have reset it to factory defaults. If you are using TalkTalk Internet and you are able to reach that page, why might I not be able to?

Thanks again,

Pete
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

If you mean you can no longer send company mail using the TalkTalk Mail servers then that is because TalkTalk is blocking port 25 because only secure mail from TalkTalk domains is permitted and that is authenticated by the Email address and password for the sending mail.

You will be able to use the incoming and outgoing mail server provided by your business mail hosting service. Let me know who that is or the business domain and I'll look it up to help you.

The website is indicating there may have been DNS changes and therefore it may simply be a DNS propagation delay issue. I just get https://nebula.servers.prgn.misp.co.uk/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution