cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Tiscali email failing on reload

Pedrow
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Hi,

Can anyone help?

Having an issue with email access on PC, I can view via my phone but the desktop keeps ging to reload. This is frustrating especially when I need to print documents.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Pedrow 

There's 6 seconds allowed for the sign in to connect and get a response from the TalkTalk Mail platform. If something like virus scanning is holding up the process then you'll get the connection timed out screen.

The troubleshooting mode has clearly identified an issue with an add-on to the Firefox browser. You've done the right thing to add the webmail address exclusion to the anti-virus scanning list. 

You'll still have the protection of the Internet security software for your devices for anything downloaded.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Pedrow
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 9

Reading one of your previous posts, I may have rectified the issue by adding the web address to the white list on my virus protection

Thanks again

0 Likes

Pedrow
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 9

Was working when I tied Firefox in trouble shoot mode.

0 Likes

Pedrow
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 9

Using W10 and Firefox

Only trying to login and I constantly get this (my mother has the same issue but her connection/download speed is terrible)

See screenshoot, when I reload it continually does the same

Pedrow_0-1689579512002.png

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

What's the computer operating system and browser and what exactly are you doing to trigger a crash?  I assume you've done the usual power down of the computer and repower after 5 minutes?

Seems ok here and nobody else is reporting the same fault with TalkTalk Mail.

Try Firefox browser and put it into Troubleshoot mode via the Help menu and retest as this will eliminate any add-ons that may be the root cause of the issue.

0 Likes

Pedrow
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 9

It's the browser crashing on Tiscali (just wants to reload) as I don't have problems elsewhere

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Are you selecting the email in TalkTalk Mail webmail and then using the Print function from either the More actions icon on the main toolbar or the detail view toolbar? 

At what point is the re-load triggered? Is this just the browser crashing or the PC?

0 Likes

Pedrow
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Forgot to add that I have tried in a different browser and still have the same problem

0 Likes