cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Unable to access mail

PoppyRossi
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Hi

I am having problems accessing my talktalk mail on my apple devices. I can log into webmail.

I have changed passwords but continue to get a message saying the password is invalid or doesn't match the email address, or on my iphone there's a message saying my browser isn't supported.

Help please!

Thank you,

Poppy

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi PoppyRossi, I'll have to defer to Apple support on this one. You should follow their advice with anything to do with rolling back their software.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

PoppyRossi
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Hi again - really need your help now!!  I should explain that the new problem I have encountered is with my MacBookAir that runs on Mojave, not my iMac running on El Capitan as mentioned in your reply - I access webmail only on my iMac.  As an upgrade was recommended I presumed this was the problem so attempted to upgrade to Big Sur. This was not successful and now my Macbook Air has frozen with an error msg telling me there is not enough space but I checked before upgrading and I had enough.  I was told to free up some space but how can I do this when I can’t log in as every attempt returns to the upgrade and freezes after 30 mins.  Not sure about Time Machine on the MbA and wondered if the external hard drive I use for my iMac can be used on my MbA so I can be sure of not losing any data in case I have to resort to a factory reset or similar. Or, do you know if I can just cancel the upgrade?  TIA , Poppy

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi Poppy, in order to use TalkTalk mail on the mac book you'd have to upgrad as Gondola has explained.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Hi again,

I am now able to download mail on my iphone but not on my Macbook Air.  I get a msg telling me the password can't be validated yet it is OK for my phone.  I haven't used my imac for downloaded email (have used webmail on it) since it stopped working a while ago when talktalk made changes.

My iMac is still running on El Capitan as when I tried to upgrade, there was a msg telling me that Word would be compromised and as I use Word I decided to leave it running on El Capitan.  I access downloaded mail on my Macbook Air that runs on Mojave and my iphone.  I did wonder if the usual Apple security would not be enough for receiving mail on my iMac.

TIA,

Poppy

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

The iPhone running iOS 15 or newer will support the Safari browser for TalkTalk Mail webmail access.  Good to know you can access your mailbox via webmail.

Other browsers will indicate unsupported because the browsers haven't undergone full approval testing. Other mainstream browsers like Firefox, Chrome and Edge will probably work so you'll just ignore the unsupported message.

When we last spoke your Apple device was running El Capitan as its Operating system. This is not supported for TalkTalk Mail. Have you continued to use that device? I ask because TalkTalk may limit access to your mailbox to webmail only to stop the use of insecure mail via unsupported devices. Do you have other apple devices? Types and Operating systems please.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution