cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Unable to send emails last 2 days (Feb 21st On) Tiscali account

Smiler1875
Participant
Private Message
Message 18 of 18

Unable to send emails last 2 days (Feb 21st On) Tiscali account

Getting diff error messages, latest one is server rejected one of the recipients addresses

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

The rate limiting is removed after a period of time of not sending or trying to send.

See how it goes. Make a note of any send error codes but I hope from here on there aren't any.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

Hi, its working this morning, no idea why but I'll take it thanks

Message 3 of 18

Hi, waited 24 hours and tried again , still can't send via iphone, logged into PC and can send via a desktop, so very strange 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

Hi, Nothing there, as I said I don't send a lot of mails TBH

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

One thing you could do is check your Sent objects folder to see if there's any suspicious activity there. If someone had discovered your password and was signed in from overseas to send mail messages. If you do see evidence of suspicious activity then change the password ASAP.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

yes of course, not confident though as send so few mails TBH doesn't make sense

thanks again I will see in 24 hrs time

Message 7 of 18

Any possibility of waiting for 24 hours to see if the rate limiting does get removed and you're back to a full sending allowance? Does mean putting the email aside for a day as regards sending or replying.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

I am receiving mails but cannot reply to any via phone or internet on pc 

Message 9 of 18

I’ve hardly sent any emails and certainly not via vpn or from overseas , it all started a couple days SHA out of the blue 

no I have not had any email about updating anything on phone 

appreciate your help 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

Hi Smiler1875 

I've removed both images to protect your personal data.

453.4.2.0 Too many recipients (TT605) Means the TalkTalk system has applied temporary Rate limiting on your sending as a spam protection measure. Doesn't mean you're actually sending spam but the system thinks there's a risk.

This happens when users send mail from overseas networks or use an overseas VPN host. You'll be limited on the number of mail messages sent for up to 24 hours.

Have you received mail messages as normal over the last week or so? Have any been from TalkTalk asking you to update your encryption settings for the incoming and outgoing mail servers on the phone?

0 Likes

Private Message

Message 11 of 18

 and now this on iPhone 

Moderator note:  Image moderated.

0 Likes

Private Message

Message 12 of 18

Moderator note:  Image moderated.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

OK, start by trying again via the webmail login.

First, prepare for TalkTalk Mail Support by including in your Community Profile, Personal Information (here):

• Your name, current home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es), notes and references etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

Compose and self-send the same mailbox a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent objects folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox.

Then compose and send a message to the previous recipient to see if that sends ok.

Let us know of any error message, or if mail did not arrive in the Inbox or disappeared from the Inbox. Collecting mail messages with a POP3 mail account or mail collection service, like Gmail, may be deleting messages from the online Inbox.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 18

just tried again, and getting server rejected the recipients address, its same message whoever I try to send to, so not a problem with the recipient (as one is myself to test ) no code comes up

0 Likes

Message 15 of 18

Previously you were getting an error message on send that one of the recipients addresses was rejected by the server. So that means the address was not a valid address for an active mailbox.

What error message(s) are you getting on sending. The description and TT error code would be helpful.

0 Likes

Smiler1875
Participant
Private Message
Message 16 of 18

Now can't emails via pc or iphone, what is happening please ? anyone help, urgently need access to send mails 

0 Likes

Smiler1875
Participant
Private Message
Message 17 of 18

Via Iphone using pc has just started working again, thanks in advance

0 Likes