cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Unable to send via SMTP for my own domain e-mail account.

JohnMcDowell
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hi

Like many I seem to be experiencing some problems accessing Talktalk SMTP servers.

I have my own domain name and associated e-mail addresses.

I am using the latest version of Thunderbird which is fully up to date: 102.8.0 (64-bit)

Is it possible to continue using my own domain e-mail addresses via Talktalk SMTP?

I am not hugely tech savvy so any advice would be great.

Many thanks!!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Name2Net offer mail servers as part of the package of web hosting. So, that means if you have a website with them you'll have email servers to use. They also have webmail and the webmail access is by simply entering /webmail after your domain name, you will then be presented with a login screen.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 4

Hi Gondola

Thank you so much! I can see you're very busy at the moment. The hosting service is: https://www.name2net.co.uk/

I have tried searching for their SMTP server but had no luck. Using Thunderbird with years of e-mails in different folders I will be totally lost if I cannot use it any more!!

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

No you may not use the TalkTalk mail servers for your own domain.

You may use the SMTP server provided by the hosting service hosting your personal email address.

If you need help with the settings required by your mail hosting service then let me know which hosting service that is or the email domain and I'll do a look-up.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution