cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

filter spoofed emails on a Fire HD10 tablet.

cobaltblue
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

We are getting spoof emails from 2 sources which I have dealt with in Thunderbird on the desktop computer by creating a message rule for NotInMyAddressBook which is working very well. 

With the tablet I cant see how to add such a message rule although with the inbuilt mail app my son was able to create a VIP folder to which emails from trusted contacts were diverted.

However my husband doesn't manage very well with this default app because the Send icon is very closed to the 3 dots menu which if accidentally touched causes the email to be deleted -Discard Draft.

My son has found K-9 email which has more space between the Send and menu icons but there doesnt seem to be the option to classify friends as VIPs.

We have 2 sources of spoofed emails and I am afraid my husband cannot learn to be suspicious and recently opened one and clicked on the link to view 5 pictures.

Which begs the question - can the above action cause malware infection of the tablet, should I have some antiivirus software installed or do the device updates include this?

Can talktalk webmail be viewed on a tablet (we also have a Lenovo one)? would we have to create a link to the app on the desktop. Is the app in the Google playstore?

Can a notinmyaddressbook rule be created in webmail (signing in on my desktop computer)- I couldnt see any way to make one - probably just thick!

It has all been a bit of a culture shock.

Many thanks for any help!

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi cobaltblue, you should be able to use TalkTalk webmail on any device with a modern up to date browser. For help creating filters and blocking spam you will find more in the Using TalkTalk Webmail help article. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes