cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

tiscali email fail on New Outlook

GBy123
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 24

There is another post about this and a possible solution but here goes.

I am using New Outlook (Microsoft just changed me to it several weeks ago and I have stuck with it).  It has been working until yesterday (previously posted about this).  tiscali emails are not received and the sent ones go into the drafts folder and I get a message trying to send, try later - but they do not go).  tiscali works on Webmail and also on my tablet (gmail).  I use imap settings.   It appears that something went wrong yesterday with New Outlook.

I saw from the other post that you are suggest checking the account settings - removing Outlook and putting it back.   I have not tried anything yet.    My set up is as follows:

I am using a pc with Windows 10, up to date.  I have a main 'Live' email address that is,  I assume Outlook, but is it the New Outlook now,  I think this is my primary account.  I have a tiscali email which is shown below the Live email - with inbox,sent,deleted etc. etc.     I use the tiscali 99% of the time.   I had to have a 'Live' address to set up Microsoft account.   if I recall I could change ports etc. in the manage accounts section.    Now I cannot access that (as explained by you).  I can manage the tiscali one which at the moment is:

imap.  tiscali.co.uk

Port 993

Secure   SSL/TLS

SMTP config:

smtp    tiscali.co.uk

Port 587

Secure Com type - StartTLS

What I want to know is - if I remove and add back the 'Live'  (outlook.com) one as instructed, do I have to change anything on my tiscali one  ....  How do they interact?     Whenever I look at other settings everything seems to point to the 'Live' one and do not apply to tiscali (e.g. rules says inbox rules not supported).

I am utterly confused by it all.    I have sent myself mail (tiscali)  and it just gets stuck in drafts.  As I said, it all works everywhere else!    If I remove outlook and add back, will that change to New Outlook?  Or is it still Outlook .com. 

I am sure there are other people with a similar problem(or will be when they are put on New Outlook) and I was not surprised when tiscali failed  - just really fed up.

If anyone can help, thank you very much.      

23 REPLIES 23

Message 21 of 24

OK. I can now replicate the issue with Outlook for Windows (New Outlook) and yes I agree it has stopped sending and receiving. No mail flowing either way and new mail messages just going to Drafts.

I've tried reverting to Windows Mail. No go.

Tested with Thunderbird and that's working perfectly normally with TalkTalk Mail.

My advice then, not yet knowing exactly how Outlook for Windows broke, is to abandon the product and revert to Thunderbird or BlueMail Desktop email client.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 24

Outlook.com is Microsoft webmail.

Outlook for Windows or New Outlook is an IMAP email client replacing the email client Windows Mail.

The Outlook for Windows settings for your TalkTalk Mail tiscali email address are incorrect. To get the authorised settings installed you need to Remove the tiscali email account from Outlook for Windows and set it up afresh.  You do not need to remove and reinstate any other email account.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Mancini
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 24

I have the exact same problem. Always a problem with Outlook and Talk Talk. I'm a Tiscali user.