cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Migrating from Plusnet Business

grend
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

With the impending closure of Plusnet Business we have signed up for TalkTalk Business (Simply Superfast) and that service has just been been setup on another, unused, copper line with the  TalkTalk buisness router and is working well and seems stable. 

The existing setup for the Plusnet service consists of an Openreach ECI VDSL modem -   ASUS    RT-N66U router (WiFi off) and a network of Ubiquiti access points, plus hardwired video streaming and audio kit.

We are keen to use the existing router and obviously need to use the modem too. I have spent a while on the internet checking what settings I need in the router.

As a start I connected the TalkTalk line to the modem and after a short wait the DSL led was on and stable. I then connected the router expecting some trial and error to get it up and working. To my amazement it connected to the internet without any changes from the Plusnet setup. I did a speed test which showed a TalkTalk server and IP address so I assume it is connected to TalkTalk. The speed was a respectable 68Mbs (compared to the 72Mbs of the Business router).

I am sure there are some settings I should change in the router to optimise it. For example it still has my Plusnet username and password, and is set for PPPoE. I have asked for a ststic IP, should that be set in the router somewhere??

Any advice gratefully received.

GR

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

grend
First Timer
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

Ah ok.

Thanks,

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Hi grend,

I can see that fr8ys has pointed you in the right directly, we do use full network authentication so the username and password isn't checked (I assume it's the same for business customers)

Chris

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately for you this forum is for residential customers only so people here have no knowledge of business setups.

TalkTalk Business Support details can be found here.

https://supportcentre.talktalkbusiness.co.uk/home?_ga=2.107564932.704890122.1661952238-95588165.1661...

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).