cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Slow broadband and WIFI hub issues

anuj_bedi
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Hi everyone, 

Newbie on the forum so apologies if this has already been posted. So I was having connection issues and engineer called out about 3 weeks ago. he fixed the issue but recommended a new router. I put it off but my broad band speed is 80%slower. Talk talk sent me a new wifi hub (upgrade from Router) speed is still on a good day 8-10Mbs.

The status page shows I need a firmware update, but also showing I have issues with numerous devices. I know the devices are fine as they are up to date and seen no issues on old router.

Can the OCE team please send me the file for firmware update. and advise a course of action on the slow broadband and device issues.

The current Firmware version is SG4K10002808t

Thank you

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi anuj_bedi,

Sorry for the delayed reply, we're doing our best in these unprecedented circumstances due to the Corona virus to answer everyone as quickly as possible.

Your router now has the latest firmware version, line test is passing and your sync speed is 40Mbps, are you still experiencing slow throughput speeds?

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Version 2808 is the latest version.

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?