cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Urgent Help for Significantly Reduced Speeds!

Scorpio71181
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

Hi,

I have had the Fibre 65 Package since last year now and it had all run smooth from after the stabilisation period but now, for the last three days, the connection has being reduced from an average of 40 - 60 mbps to 1 - 3 mpbs (download). I have tried solutions on the service centre which none have worked and I cannot get through to customer service.  I have tried factory resetting the router and have only connected up to one device and this has still not worked what can I do to get this sorted?

.docx file included with Speed Test Screenshot.

Thanks,

Tracy A.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi Scorpio71181

Openreach have now closed this fault.

Please can you retest and let us know how the connection/speed compares?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hi Scorpio71181

No problem. I will check on this again later this afternoon.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Ok thanks for telling me!

Message 4 of 13

Hi Scorpio71181

The fault appears to have been assigned to a line engineer this morning so we should hopefully receive further updates later today.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi Scorpio71181

No problem. I will check on this fault again tomorrow for any additional updates from Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Ok, thanks for your help!

Message 7 of 13

Hi Scorpio71181

Thanks for confirming this.

I have passed this fault straight over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer and we should receive further updates within the next 48-72hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hi Debbie, Thanks for your reply, the router is not connected to the test socket but I have tried this multiple times like the service center suggested

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Hi Scorpio71181

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which has detected a potential fault.

Is the router currently connected at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 13

OK, the support team will check as soon as they can when they are back online tomorrow. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 13

Thanks for your reply,

we have suffered mild weather but not severe and our other TalkTalk services work without a problem!

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

Have you suffered any severe weather in your area recently? Is the phone service working OK with no noise on the line? Subject to that this has been flagged to the support team for you and they will respond as soon as they can.