cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

sudden low speed.

MikeS86
Repeat Guest
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Hi, I know you guys like puzzles so here goes.......I am on the Fibre 65 plan and for the last 4 years have had a steady 51mbs. On the 8th this month it suddenly dropped to steady 47mbs. Checked the connectivity on line and it came up with a fault , opened case Number then they seem forget all about it. Talked on the “chat line” with 2 separate “TEC Agents, both clueless without their computer screen (both sets of questions identical ) got nowhere, one suggested that if I did not like the speed I should go elsewhere, That comment after being with talk talk for 16 years shows the state of service now.

Checked the speed today the 12/05.2024 it came up that I had 51mbs to router but 47 to my equipment. My Son came round with his laptop plugged in and got the same 47mbs. I think that talktalk is scamming me as I tried an identical router I had as a backup, same slower speed. I asked 3 times for them to send an engineer out as the fault is obviously out side the property but “fell on deaf ears”

last question, can you think of any other way, than an engineer to come out, and if they still have engineers for that purpose.

Sorry for the length of this but tried every thing possible 😞

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 6

Hi Mike,

Just checking back in to see how you're getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

Hi Mike,

Do you still need assistance with this?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

Hi MikeS86

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

To be honest, there isn't much difference between 47 and 51. Is there anything you actually can't do with 47 that you could with 51? Personally, I get about 35Mbps download speed which I find is plenty for normal internet usage.

Actual throughput speed will always be slightly lower than the router sync speed. Was your router syncing at higher than 51Mbps before?

Have you tried all the usual things like powering off the router for 30 minutes to start a new session at the cabinet, connecting the router to the "test" socket to rule out any internal wiring in your house etc?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

They'll only send out an engineer if you are finding speeds fall below the minimum guaranteed speed, @MikeS86.

Check your contract, and the minimum speed dotted line in the reported speeds for the week in My Connection. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes